Where do you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time concentrating inside my dorm room.
So where do you guys study? Starbucks, the library, McDonalds, local parks?
I could use some study place suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recall seeing a thread just for this.. could get interesting.

I personally like to study at different places,- I've read somewhere that associating a certain area for a certain type of subject (ex/ math,physics - library.. bio/chem type - a different library) helps with association..

I also constantly tell myself - "Self, stop whining, you should be able to study ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. How are you ever going to survive medical education if you whine like this?"

and so I challenge myself and study at ridiculous places/times.. like during a bumpy car ride ^_^

Curious, where are you from?

I finished my undergraduate degree out in California, but now I'm taking medicine in the Philippines. Back in California, I was used to studying in my university's 24-hour library, but nothing like that exists in my new city.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!

I'm out in San Diego right now. Our library is only open 24 hrs during finals week, but we have a large lounge/computer area open 24 hrs that I always use. It's located at a food court where there's a 24 hr. Burger King!!! Which leads me to my next big factor for studying.--

Proximity of FOOD! esp. coffee if needed.
Burger king provided all my needs, coffee, misc. breakfast foods starting at 5am.. and as we all know, studying drains the brain and brain metabolism requires FEEDING

i usually study at home, since it can save my time on the way to school or the library.
My major is Chinese art and culture,i really like it,if you are interested in it ,we can discuss together.