Where do I have a shot? Where to apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ewil1478

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to be sure that I apply to every med school that I have a chance of being accepted. Is there any website beside studentdoc.com that lets you compare your mcat and gpa against the school averages?? I have a 3.77 GPA, 29N MCAT VR:8 Phy:10 Bio:11, Lots of microbiology research, Plenty of shadowing, and volunteer work, not a ton of Patient exposure, and I'm a Utah resident. Any suggestions on where I have a shot at getting in?? THanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I highly recommend you buy the Medical College Admission Requirements (MSAR) book published by the AAMC. It's $25 and thorougly describes information about each LCME accredited school in the USA and Canada. It provides info on each school's mission, selection factors, facilities, tuition, etc. It also goes into detail about the demographics of the school's previous class (GPA, MCAT, race/ethnicity, how many students did research or community service, how many have bachelor's or other degrees, etc.).

If you want to take a quick look at how your GPA & MCAT scores match other schools, visit http://www.studentdoc.com/medfind.html. I'm just not sure how reliable this source is.

Best of luck! :luck: