Where did you Match ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gohabsgo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wayne State University

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all who matched! It appears to have been a competitive year, keeping with recent trends.

Welcome to the family.

Baylor Houston! Congrats to all my other fellow new physiatrists!

categorical at UPMC
this packers fan will be wiping her baby's butt with terrible towels!

Congratulations, look forward to meeting you at Marianjoy!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey man congrats on the match. were you a do student

Sent from my SGH-T959 using SDN Mobile

Congrats to all. Sounds like most folks are happy. I know I have heard from a few of our new people who are ecstatic. Now prepare for the paperwork ;)

Also categorical at UPMC and thrilled! Congrats to all!

Awesome!!! Look forward to meeting you. One of the girls I interviewed with matched there too....I'm excited to find a place and get started.

Headed to Mt. Sinai in Baltimore! Can't wait for some crab cakes! Congrats to my new fellow colleagues.

Just curious. The places you all have matched at.. did you do an audition rotation there?

I know it ups your chance but how necessary is it?

Mayo!

Didn't rotate there, but did three away rotations at other programs.

Just curious. The places you all have matched at.. did you do an audition rotation there?

I didn't rotate anywhere besides the community I did all my clerkships (which has a rehab hospital, but no residency program).

I did come back to Schwab for one day a month after the interview to see the interaction between everyone when they did not have their interview face on. I thought this was useful for me in making my decision, Don't know if it helped.

No. I rotated at places that were close to my apartment, so I wouldn't have to pay extra for rent.

For anyone that matched at RIC or Rush, did you do any elective there?

2 of 4 that matched at Rush had rotated earlier in the year.

In PM&R, I've found that this is key, definitely moreso than other fields.

I have heard this from many others as well. Only problem is trying to get a rotation as DO student is sort of tough, especially at most schools that open to there students, then to MD students, then to everyone else.

There's big demand for PM&R rotations in July and August, but you could probably squeeze in an away rotation in Sept, Oct, Nov. I doubt they would discriminate against DO's, given how chock full of DO's the field is and with DO's in prominent positions even at "top" programs. FMG's and IMG's, maybe.

I met plenty of DOs that were doing aways in August and September at various different programs