Where can I find the best CARS Passage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpmepickbetween

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm starting my content review for the MCAT which I'm planning to take on January 21st. I'm thinking about doing 1-2 passages 6 days a week. What do you guys recommend I do? What resources do you all recommend? Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I'm starting my content review for the MCAT which I'm planning to take on January 21st. I'm thinking about doing 1-2 passages 6 days a week. What do you guys recommend I do? What resources do you all recommend? Thank you so much
The AAMC practice materials

Reactions: 1 user

Also UWorld's question bank, Blueprint (formerly NextStep) full length exams, Altius full length exams

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! The AAMC’s CARS Packages, Volumes 1 and 2, are the best practice since they are the best representatives of actual test material. Practicing with realistic material is key, as it will help you get familiarized with it and reduce stress and anxiety on the day of your test. Remember that for each passage you review, you should highlight key concepts and ideas, identify the main point of each paragraph, and the main thesis of the whole passage. Then you should answer the questions and try to get approximately 90% of answers correct consistently from passage to passage. You also MUST do outside reading to succeed on CARS (i.e., newspapers, Humanities and social sciences journal articles, sociology, economics and politics, philosophy, and literature). It’s not an easy road, but if you are committed and consistent in your practice, you can be successful at this. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Do AAMC materials multiple times. There is nothing on the market as good as AAMC materials. I tried literally everything (had to take it twice because I faceplanted CARS my first sitting), and doing AAMC a second or third time is better than doing anything else.