where are people smart and happy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imconfused2005

spicy chick
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
oh, and also, if anyone can genuinely tell me about the comradere at certain programs, that would be greatly appreciated! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

imconfused2005 said:
oh, and also, if anyone can genuinely tell me about the comradere at certain programs, that would be greatly appreciated! :love:

Any programs in particular you are interested in? I'm at Rochester and people here are generally smart and happy (now if only we could get rid of the stigma of living in Rochester! ;)). There's a strong academic focus and tradition here, but there's also an emphasis on balance (probably because we've been dealing with work hours reduction for so much longer than in other states), and also having residents that work together as a team, and help each other out. You can PM me if you have other questions.

I can vouch for notstudying, she is both smart and happy.

BTW notstudying, 4 24 weekers delivered at our hospital in 6 hours on Tuesday. Boy have I gotton good with oscillators.....

Ed

Members don't see this ad :)
edmadison said:
I can vouch for notstudying, she is both smart and happy.

BTW notstudying, 4 24 weekers delivered at our hospital in 6 hours on Tuesday. Boy have I gotton good with oscillators.....

Ed

I put in a chest tube in a 24 weeker late last night. First one of those I've done in a few years :cool:

Like intubation, ya' never forget how :laugh:

Comraderie is general is high in pedi residencies. In some of the biggest programs there may be some residents that you don't really know. In some of the smaller ones, you may be forced to know some more than you'd like to.

Regards

OBP

edmadison said:

Ed

Yikes! Do they ever let you out of the NICU? Everytime I hear from you, you are there. My white cloud continues to follow me-when I left the NICU 2 months ago there were 22 babies total (and I think for a few hours none of them were intubated!). The attendings were doing a rain dance...

*gossip*-TGW is gone!
Notstudying