Where are all those accepted to CCOM?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO2007(ER)

D.O. in the making!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello-

I wanted to start yet another thread for CCOM to see who will be joining me in Fall 2003!!! :clap: I'll start:

1. Adam (Manhattan, IL) 23y/o guy
2. ??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey....I'm 33/m and just got the email that I was accepted.

i'm from los angeles

Congratulations you guys! Welcome to CCOM. I'm a MS-I there, and I'll be excited to meet you next year. You will get a "big brother" or "big sister" from the second-year class who will give you their exams and old materials. It's awesome that you are already trying to meet each other...that's one of the best things about CCOM...everyone is so friendly. If you have any questions about the area/schedule/living on campus, I can help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Braids-

I was just wondering when we receive the info on the big brother/sister program, the academic calander for 03 - 04, etc... Any information would be greatly appreciated!! :) Thank you for offering your time!!!!!!

DO2007(ER):

Actually, you don't receive anything regarding the Big bro/sis program until you start classes in the Fall. Basically, you will receive something in your on campus mail telling you who your big is, and then there is an afternoon (this year it was during the first week) where all the 1st and 2nd years get together. Here you can meet up with your "sibling" and the traditional passing-down-of-old-exams takes place! You can also meet other MS-2's and ask any questions you might have about the school. Most people do a good job of maintaining their test files. I personally have all tests from about the past 3-4 years in my file, so whoever my little is next year will be set. And trust me, come exam time, the test file is invaluable. I believe this is a great way of doing things, since at many schools they either do not give back old tests, or make you buy them.

As far as receiving other things in the mail, it will start to come in throughout the summer. There will be plenty of stuff related to housing, immunizations, clubs, tuition, etc. Usually, classes begin the first week in September. Good luck!

MS-1
Midwestern University-CCOM

Hey Braids and Claymore.....

I was thinking about living on-campus. Is it better to get an on-campus apartment or dorm? Is there a big difference between the two?

Also.....what are the necessary/unnecessary supplies that we need to purchase?

And.....since I'm in Los Angeles....when would be a good time to go back to Chicago to make living arrangements etc....

Oh, one more thing......what's the best way to move everything of mine across country?

Thanks

I will have to defer the question about on campus housing to one of my classmates, as I live off campus. However, if I were to live on campus, I would choose the LLC. It's pretty new and nice, with decent lounges and facilities. From what I have gathered most people make this their first choice, hence it fills up pretty fast. The regular ("traditional") dorms are ok, their biggest selling point is obviously convenience. If you are committed to CCOM I would not hesitate to start exploring your housing options now...the longer you wait the fewer options will be available. Sorry I can't help with the other housing choices, I would contact Student Services with questions about availability, cost, size, etc. Good luck and welcome to CCOM!

There are a lot of students at CCOM that live in the traditional dorms or LLC. There are also student apartments on campus, which is where I live with my husband. However, even though I am happy living here this year, I would not recommend living in the student apartments with a spouse/significant other/child. If you are single and want to be close to campus, the LLC or apartments are great. The apartments are really too small for two people, though. Most of the married or "cohabitating" people in my class live off-campus. To find an off-campus apartment, I would search at apartments.com or apartmentguide.com in Downers Grove and neighboring suburbs (Lombard, Lisle, and Oak Brook are very close to campus). The housing office at CCOM is also more than happy to give suggestions on finding off-campus housing.