When would I hear back from PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read on another thread that PCOM meets on the last thursday of every month to make decisions. Does this mean I could hear by early next week? and how do they notify you? mail? phone call?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Imbebo,
I posted a reply in your other thread, but I'll answer your question here as well.
I am not sure if the committee meets at the same time each month but when I interviewed, they met in mid-month. They will most likely tell you when the adcoms meet and when you should hear something. I interviewed on a Monday and I received the letter by Friday. Oh, and acceptances come in small envelopes. ;)
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks.

Just got back from my interview. It was a surreal experience. The school is amazing and a lot of the people who cool and easy to talk too. I really hope it works out. Met Dr. Meals? heard he makes you sing in front of class sometimes.

but overall the place is just fantastic.

Im just worried about my interview, it wasn't stressfull at all, well, they didn't make it stressfull but I was quietly freaking out in my mind.

I think I answered everything pretty good but I messed up on my answer to how I studied for the mcat. I was worried about making sure I kept the thoughts I had in my mind about why I wanted PCOM, why DO, etc.

Hopefully it all works out. I think I might have made myself look like an idiot asking if the USMLE was required in addition to the COMLEX. I guess thats what I get for getting last minuete advice from allopathic friends who know much less than I do.

Just have to wait till the middle or end of march. Still a bit freaked out about the experience and just going over the interview in my mind over and over. I think it went well overall, but Im just worried about my answer to that 1 question because I am not sure what came out of my mouth, so Im worried. But I worry a lot

I think it is the 3rd thursday of every month. I'm not 100% sure though. In my situation, I interviewed on Jan 9th and I received a call on Jan 21st informing me of my acceptance. A letter then came in the mail at the end of the week. Good luck to you.

If it's of any help I had a question on my CCOM interview that bugged that crap out of me and that I thought I had completely blown. I got asked what dead person would I bring back to talk to for 15 minutes and why. I just sat there and stumbled over my thoughts for like a minute and then I generically answered einstein and told tham that I don't have anybody I idolize in that way and if I had choose a person to idolize it was be the osteopathic physician I've shadowed for years. I then ended my answer by saying that if I could be a 10th of the physician he is I would be very pleased with myself. As you can see I didn't answer the question all that well, but I must have done well enough or saved my self b/c I got my acceptance e-mail 5 days later, so don't let that one question bug you. I'm sure that you did great at the interview and I wish you the best of luck on getting accepted to medical school.

I think the adcom at PCOM meets every 15th of the month. I interviewed on 11/13 (wednesday) and the interviewer mentioned them meeting that friday and that I'd know something before thanksgiving. Sure enough I got an acceptance letter (which was thick!!) on 11/25.:)

-EMW

Seems to me the adcoms is meeting at different days each month. ;)

Imbebo, I'm glad you had a nice interview experience. I came out of the interview the same way you did! Everything was incredible. Actually, I got to meet Dr. Meals and his class too. They even made us interviewees sing karaoke to "Love Shack." It was hilarious! lol

Don't worry about that question during the interview. I also felt the same way about one question having to do with the MCAT
(I even noticed one interviewer turn to the other one and make a funny face when I answered lol). Perhaps they don't even remember those details..they remember your overall picture the most.

Best of luck!

Originally posted by ussdfiant
I sure wish they would get back to me, I would settle for any sized envelope.:(

Dude! Why haven't you called them? I would have been on the phone after two weeks!!

i interviewed on 1.27.03. Has anyone who interviewed there after then, heard back? they had told us that they would let us know in 3-4 weeks.

prospectiveApp