when to turn in application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeebeans

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

i was wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to whether its beneficial at all to turn in your application early in the application process if you're going to take the august mcat? would it matter if you worked on and turned your application in after the mcat so that you could focus on studying for the mcat?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Turn in your amcas early. You want to work on secondaries after the mcat--not the amcas--so you can be complete as soon as scores come out.

coffeebeans said:
hi

i was wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to whether its beneficial at all to turn in your application early in the application process if you're going to take the august mcat? would it matter if you worked on and turned your application in after the mcat so that you could focus on studying for the mcat?

thanks!

Earlier is always better! Sure they won't look at your application without your score, but you are bound to have a slow trickle of secondaries so that they don't pile up at once. I would say just make sure you take enough time to make your personal statement and your ECs look the best they can.

Members don't see this ad :)