when to take imaging boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonfly99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How may people/what % of fellows take nuclear boards while still in fellowship?
How about echo boards (which just moved to October)?
Should I be planning to take nuclear boards during my 3rd year?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont quite know the national percentages, but several fellows in my program are taking the nuclear and echo exams in their 3rd year. Provided that you get the requisite letters from lab directors, and are willing to cram things up, you shd be able to take the exams. Good luck!

I don't know anyone planning on doing boards during third year. In fact, an interesting concept I heard someone suggest recently was to do the opposite and "spread them out" so that you take different boards each year and you're not jam packed taking cards, nucs, echos, and possibly more all in a single year in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Won't some jobs/employers want to see evidence that one has passed echo and/or nuclear boards?

All the 3rd year fellows are taking the echo board in 4 weeks. I heard echo board will be changed to July in 2011. Then we can actually take echo in july and nuclear in November both as 3rd year fellow. That is cool.