When to send in application to California BOP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

norefillsmaam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm graduating in May and currently attending out of state SOP.
I have all my papers ready for California application, except my degree + transcript which will be available in early May.

Would it be acceptable to send in my application last week of April, and my transcript will be sent subsequently to BOP? I'm just not sure how to time the submission! I know ATT arrives quite late for out of state graudates so I'm panicking already!

Members don't see this ad.

Send it now. You will get a letter of deficiency saying you're missing your transcript. That's okay though b/c at least they processed everything else. Once your school sends your transcript, the CA BOP just needs to verify that and your application will be complete. Then you'll get your ATT. It took them maybe 3-4 weeks though to verify my transcript and give me my ATT -_-

Send it now. You will get a letter of deficiency saying you're missing your transcript. That's okay though b/c at least they processed everything else. Once your school sends your transcript, the CA BOP just needs to verify that and your application will be complete. Then you'll get your ATT. It took them maybe 3-4 weeks though to verify my transcript and give me my ATT -_-

Thanks so much!! I'll send it in this week. I'm hoping they give me my ATT before July..one can hope :)

I'm an out-of-state March 2017 grad! Just for your information, here was my timeline of events:

Sent in my [complete] application via Priority Mail to the CA BOP on 4/17/2017
Application delivered to CA BOP on 4/19/2017
Check cashed on 4/27/2017
CPJE ATT granted on 4/28/2017

I was SHOCKED at the speed the CA BOP processed my out-of-state app! Good luck :)

Question about primary jurisdiction. I'm an out-of-state May 2017 graduate and was wondering if I should select my out-of-state pharmacy school as my primary jurisdiction on the Naplex. I heard from several people that CA BOP is notoriously slow when it comes to processing out-of-state students during the May/June season. If I select my out of state pharmacy school as my primary jurisdiction, I should be able to get my ATT quicker to take the Naplex and then request for a score transfer to CA after. Then I plan to take the CPJE after CA BOP has cleared me. Any thoughts on that?