When to register/make appointment for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pma96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I was wondering how long before the day that I plan to take the DAT should I register and make my appointment? I read somewhere that it should be at least 90 days before, but I am not sure.
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

What's your study habits like? Do you study a week before your exam or a day before your exam in undergrad?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry, I believe I misunderstood your question. The ADA gives you 6 months to take your exam in. So as soon as you apply to take the DAT and the ADA accepts your application. You can make an appointment at anytime in those 6 months at the prometric center.

I'm sorry, I believe I misunderstood your question. The ADA gives you 6 months to take your exam in. So as soon as you apply to take the DAT and the ADA accepts your application. You can make an appointment at anytime in those 6 months at the prometric center.
Oh ok! But let's hypothetically say that I my application was accepted today and I want to take the exam next week. Can I do that or do I have to make the appointment a certain amount of time before the actual day of the test? I'm guessing it's based on the availability of the testing center..

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok! But let's hypothetically say that I my application was accepted today and I want to take the exam next week. Can I do that or do I have to make the appointment a certain amount of time before the actual day of the test? I'm guessing it's based on the availability of the testing center..
Indeed. It depends on on the testing center.

It depends on testing center availability as mentioned above, so if you're certain you are going to take the test within the next 6 months I would start the registration process now so you can select an earlier date if that's what you're aiming for. I wouldn't try to register only a few days before you want to take the test, in my past experience a lot of testing centers will be filled on short-term dates.