When to dilute IV meds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf? Perfectly mentally able, law abiding citizens require opioids to function day to day. They use them as prescribed. Don't confuse dependency with addiction. Yes, someone with chronic pain may depend on opioids to function, but they don't deserve the negatives associated with the word 'addiction.' They are not getting high.

I've been on opioids myself and would have loved this drug you speak of. Was I ever addicted? No.

Edit: Oh, and we're moreso teaching white men that they can rape and get only a few months of jail if any jail at all. Our president has no plans to change gun laws. So yeah, idk what culture improvement you speak of.
Trump plans to pass a few common sense measures such as raising the age to buy all guns to 21 and banning machine gun stocks. While he's not as hard on guns as Clinton, he's already doing more than Obama did. It's too bad Hillary didn't get in and straighten this whole mess out. I think the election was rigged.

I mean we shouldn't penalize them harshly. More like how a parent would correct their children. I'm basically fighting society when I educate my patients to be healthy. It's already ingrained in them, we need to prevent it from happening by ending the addict culture. We all know about americas gun culture and rape culture, so these are being improved. We need to focus on the addict culture. Whether it's sugar, illicit drugs, tobacco, or whatever.
Paternalism like you are describing above is a huge issue ethically in medicine. If you do go on to become a physician it's something you'll likely talk about a great deal. Good medicine isn't about deciding unilaterally what is best for your patient and correcting it into them like they're children. They have agency of their own and should be allowed to make their own decisions even if you disagree with them. This is extremely important ethically and one of the reasons why things like informed consent are so important.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How refreshing. Another man pretending to understand rape culture.
I don't understand it as if I was a woman, but should I just stand by? Should whites have not pushed to help abolish slavery?

Levels of this thread:

Vet Med
Pre-allo
And...........
Straight to SPF.

That escalated.
You're right it got grossly off topic and I apologize. Seeing as none of us seem open to completely changing our minds in this setting I am finished with this discussion. Thanks for the discussion. I learned a LOT. About veterinary medicine, things to consider when discussing topics at the next state nurses association meeting, and more.

Thank you guys very much.

I don't understand it as if I was a woman, but should I just stand by? Should whites have not pushed to help abolish slavery?
It’s not just an issue of teaching men it’s not okay to rape. It’s teaching what does and does not constitute consent. That no one is entitled to sex because of x, y, or z. That slut shaming isn’t okay, nor was anyone “asking for it” because of something. Rape culture is due to how gender and sexuality has been perceived in society. To simplify it down to “teaching men not to rape” is grossly over simplifying it.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree 100%. And harshly penalizing rapists child molesters etc. I don't understand why it isn't automatic death penalty.

Also we need to stop questioning the victim as if she's the guilty party. We need to be compassionate and believe them. My friend dealt with this in the Army. She was raped by her platoon sergeant at a party where she was drunk, and everyone in the unit acted like she made it up. Everyone assumed she was lying. But he would always tell females "I'm gonna pee in ya butt" so I don't understand how it was even questioned.

Trump plans to pass a few common sense measures such as raising the age to buy all guns to 21 and banning machine gun stocks. While he's not as hard on guns as Clinton, he's already doing more than Obama did. It's too bad Hillary didn't get in and straighten this whole mess out. I think the election was rigged.
Good thing raising the age to 21 will prevent all 18 and under shooters from stealing their middle aged parents' guns!

Reactions: 2 users
Don't you think they become addicts for a reason? They don't want to be addicts. I understand why you feel that way. I was judgemental before I took care of those so called "junkies". Working intimately with them and hearing their stories made me realize, its society that sets them up for failure.

**** this hyperbolic rhetoric of "they don't want to be addicts."

I have had two siblings turn down that path. One worse than the other. White, female, middle-class, fairly "well off", educated and taught every ****ing side effect drugs cause and they still CHOSE to use.

Using is a ****ing CHOICE. You don't become addicted to meth by just being in its presence you have to make the damn conscious decision to put that **** in your body. They MADE THAT CHOICE. And anyone else who put those drugs into their system MADE THAT CHOICE.

They could have said NO. They were taught to say NO. They KNEW all the possible repercussions and did drugs anyway. So no, they don't become addicts for a "reason". And society did not "set them up for failure." Their upbringing and the society around them brought them up for absolute success and THEY screwed it up. I don't feel bad for them. At all. I feel bad for my older sisters' children because she doesn't take appropriate care of them. But, I do not feel bad for my sister and how she ****ed up her life. Not in the slightest. She knew better and repeatedly turned back to that ****.

Every single friend she had that did these drugs came from similar households. So you can't sit there and tell me that society is to blame for these losers.

I get that those born into drugs don't have that same luxury, but there are those born in that situation that DON'T USE DRUGS. I have a bit more sympathy for these people.

In the end, it is a choice to put that drug into your system, it is no damn secret as to what these substances do. You choose to use, you choose the consequences that come with it.

Reactions: 1 users
Good thing raising the age to 21 will prevent all 18 and under shooters from stealing their middle aged parents' guns!
Well it's a start. We need to ban machineguns and semi autos, except for police and military, and pass comprehensive background checks. If you have the cops called on you for a domestic dispute you don't need a fitearm.

I'm glad we can find some common ground. I just want people to be safe. Being a nurse has really opened my eyes. I went from being a military police man and MRAP machine gunner on deployment, where we laughed about "slotting floppies", to now really allowing my compassionate side to come out. I'm really excited about feeling these feelings.

I'm glad we can find some common ground. I just want people to be safe. Being a nurse has really opened my eyes. I went from being a military police man and MRAP machine gunner on deployment, where we laughed about "slotting floppies", to now really allowing my compassionate side to come out. I'm really excited about feeling these feelings.

Didn't you post a thread in another on of these forums about your large gun supply? Fairly certain I saw and read that.

Reactions: 1 users
Guys I'm calling it. This thread is way off topic and I'm going to close it. I have several thoughts I'd love to add but we've jumped the shark into spf issues over the difference between human and vet meds

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.