When to apply to the Caribs if I'm waitlisted at a US school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoctor015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I heard if I get accepted to a Carib school, I only have 2-4 weeks to yes to the acceptance.

I am currently on the waitlist for a US school that I would rather go to over a Carib school. If get in to the US school, can I just drop things at the Carib school and leave (I know I would probably be giving up my deposit) - but it's allowed right?

I want to be in med school by August this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Its rolling admission. Apply whenever you want. If you are looking to apply for the Fall (August) terms/semesters then I would send your application now.

You can leave whenever you like. Different schools have different policies for refunding tuition.

It may seem to soon, but some schools start in May as well.

Its rolling admission. Apply whenever you want. If you are looking to apply for the Fall (August) terms/semesters then I would send your application now.

You can leave whenever you like. Different schools have different policies for refunding tuition.

It may seem to soon, but some schools start in May as well.

Thanks! I'm looking at SGU specifically. Any idea what their policies are? I'm sure I won't get the $1000 deposit back, but when do they require tuition payment for fall semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know exactly what the policy is for SGU, but I am at Ross and for us tuition has to be paid at the beginning of the semester. It's probably the same for SGU. Same as any other university.

for SGU it will take probably at least a month for them to grant you an interview and a month to set up the interview and upto 4-6 weeks to hear back from them, then you have a few weeks to send the $1,000 deposit which holds your spot and you need to pay only $5,000 a few days prior to starting classes. The only thing that's not fully refundable is the initial $1,000.