When should I submit application for AEGD programs with deadlines in Oct/Nov?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swindoll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The programs I'm applying to have deadlines mostly on Nov 1st. Today I started stressing a bit because I didn't realize there's an advantage to applying early (is there?). I haven't even registered for ADEA PASS...

By when should I submit my application if the deadline for my programs is Oct 1st or Nov 1st?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That is a tough question, as all directors do things a little differently. I have about 75 apps sitting on Webadmit for the GPR I direct. Next week I will begin reviewing them. Those that I know will not be admitted I send a rejection to immediately. Then the applicant can apply to another program before cutoff dates begin. I think this is fair, and allows everyone to readjust and add to their list. After 14 years, I know who we admit. I am perfectly fine doing one or two post matches like we did last year (two superstars that were somehow left behind). I would get it together and apply early. My first interview from last year is now a resident.