when should I apply on Pharmcas ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vickydinh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guy,
I will take the PCAT exam this July. Would you please tell me when should I apply on Pharmcas? Is it after I have the PCAT result or ...when? When is the recommendation letter should send to Pharmcas?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on which schools you are applying to. Many have rolling admission, so applying early gives you a large advantage. One school I applied to pretty much told me I would have gotten an interview had I applied earlier. So check to see if your school does this. If it doesn't, then just get it in anytime before the deadline.

Your application will not be reviewed until you have your letters of rec in. So I would try to start getting those around the time you start filling out your application so that the letter writers have time to submit. Sometimes they are quick about it, sometimes they are not.

Other than that you can start applying at anytime once the cycle starts, so you might as well start early. Nobody will see it until you submit. Plus you usually have to submit a secondary/supplemental application directly to each school in addition to the PharmCAS app. And don't forget that some very good schools don't use PharmCAS and you have to apply to them directly.

Apply ASAP. Its extremely important to apply early with a well prepared and put together application with excellent essays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is August too late to take the PCAT??

Too late for what? It probably depends on the school and how you want to apply. I took mine in October last year and got into a number of schools. But it was basically the latest I could have taken it. August is fine.

I mean... is it advantageous to submit my application early?

If your school does rolling admissions, which a lot do (should be easy to find out), then yes it is highly advantageous to apply early. If your next question is "How early?" the answer is the earlier you are, the better your chances for a rolling admissions school.