when med schools cash your application fee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asama527

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it mean when a med school finally cashes your check? Does it mean they've finally gotten around to reading your application or does it just mean that the adcom gets free lunch while looking over someone else's application? It's strange. Only one of the schools I've interviewed at has cashed my app fee. The one's that I haven't heard from have all cashed my app fee and of course, have proceeded to neglect further contact. Anyone else experience this strange phenomenon?

Members don't see this ad.

there have been posts on this before but basically...

the time your check was cashed or whatever has almost nothing to do with your application status.

some like to save up checks and cash them all at the same time....others like the deposit as they get them. im sure they all have a procedure with that stuff....but it has nothing to do with your application status.

so dont read too much into it.

I applied back in the summer, and didn't hear from most schools until recently. The fee was also cashed back in the summer, so the obviously don't correlate.

I wondered about that, too. I didn't think it correlated, but if I were an adcom I'd want to make sure the check cleared before I bothered to evaluate the app. But that's probably just me being paranoid.