When does PT admission decision send out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearcats

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, Guys,

Has anyone heard back from Physical Therapy admission? I applied for 4 schools and have heard absolutely nothing from them by now. Since it is rolling admission, I begin to wonder whether I am out of the race.......two schools that I am particularly interested in are George Washington University and Univeristy of Maryland Baltimore. If any of you have heard back from these schools or any other schools regarding to the PT admission, would you please let me know when did you receive the news, and was it through email or post mail?

Can anyone recall in what month frame that the decision normally send out? is it in Feb, March, April?

Thank you so much! I wish all of you best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UMB and got a letter of rejection in late Feb. If you have not heard, perhaps they are keeping you on the waitlist in case someone on the accepted list decides not to go there. Why don't you shoot them an email and ask if your application is complete and if they need anything else? Remember to send them your transcript as soon as you complete another pre-req course, if you are still completing them. I am still completing one more pre-req course this spring semester.

Can't comment on GW.

I live in constant fear that PT schools may be just "junking" my application because it might be missing some important items. So far the PT schools that have not made a decision have replied back to me to tell whether my application is complete, and gave me a tentative date when they would be making a decision (sometimes in March, or in April). I did get accepted to one school and still waiting for decision from a few more.

Good luck.

I live in constant fear that PT schools may be just "junking" my application because it might be missing some important items.

This is why you ALWAYS include an addressed and stamped post card with your application so they can send it back to you letting you know that your application is complete, or what you're missing. It's the secretary of the department who deals with this. I got mine back a week after sending in my application.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
es888w and Bad0 Fish0. Thank you so much for getting back with me! it sure brought a lot of comfort to the frustrating situation. The chances for me to gain admission to UMB is really slim, that's why I am surprised that I haven't received the rejection letter yet. I have tried to contact the admission director in the beginning of March......no reply back. and I have had some problems with receiving regular mails for a couple weeks. Maybe the rejection letter got sent back to them. Oh well, I would assume if they are really going to offer me the admission, they would have already contacted me via email or phone. As for now, I would rather to believe that I didn't get in.......GWU on the other hand is still reviewing my application. They said I will most likely to hear back sometimes in April. I seriously thought that the waiting game was done after Feb.....guess not...........

Congrats to es888w on your offer!!! =P Just one offer that's all I am asking for! please let me in! ^_______^

bearcats, I am with you. It's so frustrating and stressful to have to wait this long. At the same time, because of the stretch between Feb and April, if you do get accepted in a less favored school in Feb, and your favorite school does not decide until April, you have to pay a deposit ($500) to keep your place once you get accepted. So if you do get accepted later on by your favorite school, you would have lost that deposit. My stats are not that strong (3.3 cumulative GPA, 3.1 science GPA, 200 hours volunteer, 1320 GRE) so I am grateful to have been accepted into one school. The only problem is that it's out-of-state for me, so tuition is horrendous ($35K per year). On the other hand, Cal State schools will only charge max $10K for out-of-state (their in-state tuition is ~6K), so even with the higher cost of living in CA, it will be worth it to move from the east coast to CA.

ew888w, most of the PT schools are very expensive, take consideration that at least 2/3 of them are private. it has been my biggest issue as well. How in the world can I payback 100K of tuition that's almost more than half of a house payment here in Ohio valley. =P but people told me that if that's really what you wanted and you are fully committed to it, then the money is worth spending. So, yes, we will end up with a lot of debt that perhaps would scare some of our bfs or gfs of wanting to marry to us. =P but again, if this is what will make you happy, then I would still say go for it. Don't worry too much about the money now. Pick a good school that you know you will gain the best training from which will prepare for the best in the field. All the other problems, they will work out. You already gone this far. Nothing should kept you away from pursuing your dream! ^_______^ Thanks again for the encouragment. I hope you will hear more great news from the schools that you are still waiting to hear back from. It is a big move from the east coast to west coast. are you sure you are not gonna miss all the fantastic winter storms we got.=P Best of luck!

thanks for the encouraging words. I agree with you but still feel a little scared and overwhelmed by the amount of money that will need to be borrowed. I already have over $20K undergrad student loan that will have to be deferred.

for applicaitons due nov/dec

I received a decision in early January (accepted)

and one rejection and another acceptance this week.

Still waiting for one more....

Hi Bearcat,

I received an offer of admission from GWU on 2/29. I hope you get in. Best wishes.

ShaRaye, congrats on your offer! ^_______^ Do you recall when you submitted your application for GWU? I turned some of my paper work in in November, but my GRE score wasn't received until 1/15/08. I wonder if they have pushed my application to the end of the line ......... thanks! =P

djtrackie, thanks for replying! Best of luck on your last admission. =P

bearcat, I see me in you. lol. That's exactly what I was going through while waiting for the decisions to be made and got rejected twice in february. Fortunately, I got into the school that I applied as a backup. It's a private school (tuition 22k/year) however its exam pass rates are over 90% and it's in my city. So I decided to accept the offer. :) I am sooo relieved and I hope you get into the school that you want. Good luck...

Called GWU on Tuesday and they told me the decision is already been made on my application. I should receive some type of notification within in one or two weeks. As you can tell, that I am extremely nervous with the result.

Here is my question. Is it true that if you are accepted, the school will normally send you an email notification first then followed with the paper work via regular post services? and if you are rejected, most the time, you will be only getting a post service mail..............I am begin to worry since I haven't received any emails at all..........is it a bad sign?

Called GWU on Tuesday and they told me the decision is already been made on my application. I should receive some type of notification within in one or two weeks. As you can tell, that I am extremely nervous with the result.

Here is my question. Is it true that if you are accepted, the school will normally send you an email notification first then followed with the paper work via regular post services? and if you are rejected, most the time, you will be only getting a post service mail..............I am begin to worry since I haven't received any emails at all..........is it a bad sign?

I don't think so. I have not received any e-mails from any schools other than them telling me that my application is complete. Good luck I hope you get in. :)

PTapp,

Thanks for always being so supportive! I sure wish that I could be accepted into PT school this year. I have emailed the school ask for the decision, but they didn't answer my email.......if I was admitted.....I would think they will give me more support and attention........

PTapp,

Thanks for always being so supportive! I sure wish that I could be accepted into PT school this year. I have emailed the school ask for the decision, but they didn't answer my email.......if I was admitted.....I would think they will give me more support and attention........

np, bearcats. You just need to be a little more patient. (I can't believe I am saying this) I am guessing you will hear from them at the end of this week. If you do, let me know asap.