When do you guys do your practice questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lagbydesign

"The only way to heal is with cold steel"
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few weeks to right before an exam or throughout the block?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A few weeks to right before an exam or throughout the block?

All day Sunday before Monday exam. Reviewing was finished by Saturday night.

Reactions: 2 users
My school doesn't use NBME exams so all our questions are created by our physicians/professors so I tend to do questions during the final week of the block. I have the same question, so also curious to see the responses.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I do UWorld questions throughout the block. And then USMLE rx questions all weekend before the Monday exam. Exams are NBME however.

Our exams are non-NBME, I try to make a quick first pass through the block material and give myself at least a week to do all the USMLE-Rx and Uworld Q's and then review the subject matter accordingly. My friends feel comfortable doing questions even before they cover all the material, but it frustrates me to do questions that involve conditions I haven't looked at yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Throughout the block. It forces me to confront the reality that I either know the material well or that studying was in vain.

Our exams are non-NBME, I try to make a quick first pass through the block material and give myself at least a week to do all the USMLE-Rx and Uworld Q's and then review the subject matter accordingly. My friends feel comfortable doing questions even before they cover all the material, but it frustrates me to do questions that involve conditions I haven't looked at yet.

I feel the same way. When I do UWorld questions throughout the block (especially for the midterm and not the final) I feel as if I am spending so long on a question because we haven't covered it in class yet and I do not have the necessary background information. Currently struggling on this as I do Uworld questions on organ systems i completely forgot about during this Christmas break.

I feel the same way. When I do UWorld questions throughout the block (especially for the midterm and not the final) I feel as if I am spending so long on a question because we haven't covered it in class yet and I do not have the necessary background information. Currently struggling on this as I do Uworld questions on organ systems i completely forgot about during this Christmas break.

I stopped doing UWorld early in the block or feeling that I need to finish UWorld because I hate getting questions I haven't come across for this reason. I study board relevant stuff so since I started doing UWorld late into my blocks and even leaving some to carry over for the start of the next block has made my productivity with doing UWorld and reviewing them much more efficient. My 2cents on how I dealt with that problem.

I stopped doing UWorld early in the block or feeling that I need to finish UWorld because I hate getting questions I haven't come across for this reason. I study board relevant stuff so since I started doing UWorld late into my blocks and even leaving some to carry over for the start of the next block has made my productivity with doing UWorld and reviewing them much more efficient. My 2cents on how I dealt with that problem.

Thank you very much! I appreciate this :)

I typically break it up to 50-70 a day to get through all of them right before the exam. Most RX subjects are around 250 so 4-5 days before the exam.