When do people sign leases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eturch

Reaction score
With the deposit deadline coming up I’m wondering when is a reasonable time to sign a lease. I know the cycle still goes on until may but also I don’t want all the good apartments to be taken.

Members don't see this ad.

Whenever other students suggest you should sign a lease. You need to know if upperclassmen hold onto their apartments or want to find incoming students to sublease as they go off on clinical rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
With the deposit deadline coming up I’m wondering when is a reasonable time to sign a lease. I know the cycle still goes on until may but also I don’t want all the good apartments to be taken.
Landlords usually don't know until 30-60 days before the end of the current renter's lease.
So, you could go apartment shopping now and keep track of ones you like, then put a deposit down about 60 days before you want to move in

Reactions: 1 user
Landlords usually don't know until 30-60 days before the end of the current renter's lease.
So, you could go apartment shopping now and keep track of ones you like, then put a deposit down about 60 days before you want to move in
The landlord says they ask the tenants in like October whether they will be resigning or not which is why I’m so conflicted. Also it’s a small town so a lot of good apartments will be gone i feel like if I wait too long

I have been wondering the same, never had my own apartment!

The landlord says they ask the tenants in like October whether they will be resigning or not which is why I’m so conflicted. Also it’s a small town so a lot of good apartments will be gone i feel like if I wait too long
Understood. I'd get on the waiting lists of the landlords then. If they keep them.