When Are You Planning to Sumbit your 2011 Aadsas Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When Are you Planning to sumbit your 2011 Aadsas Application?

• On June 3rd

Votes: 29 9.4%
  • Within the same weekend (6th)

Votes: 29 9.4%
  • Within 10 days (13th)

Votes: 87 28.1%
  • Right before the End of June

Votes: 67 21.6%
  • In July

Votes: 64 20.6%
  • August or Later

Votes: 34 11.0%

• Total voters
It says the date that AADSAS received the transcript. It is a lot slower than your transcript office told you that it would be received. Mine took over two weeks for AADSAS to receive mine.

Members don't see this ad.

i have a question for those of you with completed apps, what does it say under "status date" in the letter of recommendation section? aadsas should have received my letters by now but that column is still blank

thx
steven

Should be something like this.

Date Requested Evaluator Reference Type Waived Status Status Date
06/13/2010 Dr. xxxx Paper Yes Completed 06/23/2010

Members don't see this ad :)
Beans, where on your app does it say July 2nd? There's nothing on mine that i can see...o but i did get a second CC transcript today haha WTF

EDIT: nvm i saw on another thread it where should be, mine's blank :( :( i guess i didnt make the first one afterall...

rejuvenatedsoul, if you want my second one i'll donate it to you :) its 4 credits of an A in an art class :p

Last edited:
yea i think i have two because when i was panicking the lady at the CC told me she could send another but i told her to wait until i called back and i'm assuming she didnt listen...

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

thanks!! i think cc's are generally inefficient when it comes to this *SIGH*

OMGOMGOMG!! they got it!! :D here's hoping it'll take 2-3 days to verfiy :) thank you guys for the support and help hehe

2 business days passed and gpa still not verified wahhh! i thought it gets verified fast since it is still early.

since july2 is still in a week, can we still make that mailing cutoff?

Yay, I am in the July 2nd mailing. Now to get a good DAT score and my lor's in...

Members don't see this ad :)
OMGOMGOMG!! they got it!! :D here's hoping it'll take 2-3 days to verfiy :) thank you guys for the support and help hehe

That does not mean you will be on the first mailing batch....

THATS what the aadsas has told me :eek:

That does not mean you will be on the first mailing batch....

THATS what the aadsas has told me :eek:

that's fine with me :p

they verified my GPA same day o_o says it will be mailed out 2 weeks from today...no date. so i guess that means second mailing :xf:

that's fine with me :p

they verified my GPA same day o_o says it will be mailed out 2 weeks from today...no date. so i guess that means second mailing :xf:

I hope we both get our apps mailed in the first batch not second. :luck:

an Aadsas rep just told me that the 1st batch has been sent out already and the 2nd one leaves next week! The schools can see it regardless of it being sent out or not as long as the app is completed online :sleep:

an Aadsas rep just told me that the 1st batch has been sent out already and the 2nd one leaves next week! The schools can see it regardless of it being sent out or not as long as the app is completed online :sleep:

so is the 7/02/2010 on some people's app the second date then? if the second one is getting sent out soon i guess it doesnt matter if its 1 or 2

is there any way to see if schools have looked at our online one? why bother mailing it if they can see it on the comp?

I'm almost positive those apps that say 07/02/10 is the first cycle. The question is what is sent 07/02/10? From what I understand it is the physical copy of your application and that an electronic one was already sent out. I might not be interpreting that right, but I'm pretty sure that is the earliest date apps are saying

Hey guys my transcript sent by express mail on the 14th, and ive got everything else done (lors, just did the coursework entry)

...still got a first mailing shot?

I have everything ready except my letters of recommendation because the pre-health committee in my school is still working on the letter and it wont be sent out until after the first mailing. So when the schools get my application, they are just going to put it aside until they get the letters?? And if thats the case then how long do i have to wait until the second mailing?

Also, how many schools did you guys apply to. i applied to 10 i though it should be enough.

I'm pretty sure the first mailing is full, my app was complete on monday and i am not in the first mailing but in the email i got after my gpa was verified said it would be sent within 2 weeks so the second mailing should be soon :)

also if you notice on AADSAS letters of rec arent a required field so your app will still get sent even without it, i'm not sure how schools handle a missing LOR

...that being said my committee letter is already written and the OMFS im shadowing told me he'd like to write me a letter, is it worth adding on the extra or will schools not even see it/wait til it comes in to look at my app

EDIT: i forgot to mention that this guy works as a prof at my state school which i'm applying to. im sure his letter will be good since he offered to write it and will look good for that school, but will it look bad to the others? idk what to do

and jacas, i'm applying to 14 schools. ten sounds good

Last edited:
It seems like AADSAS is giving out inconsistant answers.

I just called them and they told me my application is complete and confirmed for NEXT week's mailing date (meaning late June or early July). However, the status on my app is still blank. So I am very confused about when's the first and second mailing date.

Oh, and schools can view our apps online already!

I don't think it will look bad for the other schools that you apply unless he makes it special for your state school. In that case you should just send it to your state school because that would mean a lot since he works there.

Does any one knows if the application fee for Nova is the same thing as the fee they charge for the supplemental application. The supplemental costs $50 and the fee is also $50, so is it a 100 in total or the supplemental is also the fee. I've tried calling them but they haven't been picking up the phone.

I don't think it will look bad for the other schools that you apply unless he makes it special for your state school. In that case you should just send it to your state school because that would mean a lot since he works there.

Does any one knows if the application fee for Nova is the same thing as the fee they charge for the supplemental application. The supplemental costs $50 and the fee is also $50, so is it a 100 in total or the supplemental is also the fee. I've tried calling them but they haven't been picking up the phone.

It's the same thing.

It seems like AADSAS is giving out inconsistant answers.

I just called them and they told me my application is complete and confirmed for NEXT week's mailing date (meaning late June or early July). However, the status on my app is still blank. So I am very confused about when's the first and second mailing date.

Oh, and schools can view our apps online already!

hopefully a new mailing date will be posted soon! :) and do you know if our school decision status changes or anything when the schools electronically review out apps?

I have everything submitted, except my transcript, which was sent via express mail yesterday (friday June 25th). Do I have to wait like a month for it to be verified once recieved because so many people are submitting applications these days? :(

I've done everything I can... e-submit & pay, all LOEs in, DAT scores sent individually (I wrote Canadian DAT)... just waiting for that transcript to arrive to AADSAS asap to be verified!

Finally I can say I've done all my part... now the waiting game... :scared:

I have everything submitted, except my transcript, which was sent via express mail yesterday (friday June 25th). Do I have to wait like a month for it to be verified once recieved because so many people are submitting applications these days? :(

I've done everything I can... e-submit & pay, all LOEs in, DAT scores sent individually (I wrote Canadian DAT)... just waiting for that transcript to arrive to AADSAS asap to be verified!

Finally I can say I've done all my part... now the waiting game... :scared:

Your transcript will likely spend about 5 days in transit. When delivered, your transcript will likely take about 1.5-2 weeks to process at AADSAS. Once the transcript is processed, your grades will be verified in 1-2 business days.

So, after all is said and done, I think your application will be ready for mailing in about 3.5 weeks, at most.

I suspect you will likely be in the second or third mailing of AADSAS.

Let the waiting game begin! Good luck! :) :xf:

Your transcript will likely spend about 5 days in transit. When delivered, your transcript will likely take about 1.5-2 weeks to process at AADSAS. Once the transcript is processed, your grades will be verified in 1-2 business days.

So, after all is said and done, I think your application will be ready for mailing in about 3.5 weeks, at most.

I suspect you will likely be in the second or third mailing of AADSAS.

Let the waiting game begin! Good luck! :) :xf:

So I'm looking at mid July to find out when my app will be mailed out :eek:

haha thanks hopefully good news are waiting for us! :luck:

would they get snail mailed on the 2nd?

i got into the 2nd batch 7/9/10:cool:

:thumbup:

I think that's still an early mailing date.

I know some people are freaking out because they didn't get in the 7/2 batch, but I hardly doubt 7 days will make a difference in being considered early.

Does anyone know how long it takes AADSAS to process recommendation letters? Are they scanned into our application?

Does anyone know how long it takes AADSAS to process recommendation letters? Are they scanned into our application?

Via snail mail: About 2-3 weeks from my experience.

Snail mail letter?

I sent it in friday express. Cost like 20$. It was processed three days later on Monday.

just got my transcript received im checking everything over and submitting tomorrow
any chances for second mailing still?

Woo! Transcript finally received and PS completed. E-submitted today.. Better late than never! I wonder if I'll make taht 7/9/10 date :scared:

Woo! Transcript finally received and PS completed. E-submitted today.. Better late than never! I wonder if I'll make taht 7/9/10 date :scared:

you and me both bud :p my uni moved transcript info offline so i had to drive an hour a something back to campus to request a transcript so i could get the proper titles of my courses

I jst got my mailing date..july 9

Snail mail letter?

I sent it in friday express. Cost like 20$. It was processed three days later on Monday.

The express option was not available for me through Interfolio. :oops:

So, my delivery and process time is only for standard Priority mailing. :)

The express option was not available for me through Interfolio. :oops:

So, my delivery and process time is only for standard Priority mailing. :)

you got the 2nd or the 9th?

you and me both bud :p my uni moved transcript info offline so i had to drive an hour a something back to campus to request a transcript so i could get the proper titles of my courses

Ah geez that sucks haha. Hope everything got taken care of ok! Good luck man.

let us know what d-school say since they get to see yours 1st:sleep:

I know it really doesn't make a difference if a person is in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd mailing...

The reviews will all start around late July anyway :p;)

I know it really doesn't make a difference if a person is in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd mailing...

The reviews will all start around late July anyway :p;)

for real about late july?