When are preliminary medicine interviews normally?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

falmouth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what month I want to take off in 4th year to take Step 2 CS/CK as well as when I want to do my medicine externship.

We typically can't get off for interviews on the externship, and I figure I would want uninterrupted time to study for CS and CK.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had most of my prelim interviews in Nov and Dec.

Reactions: 1 user
I had most of my prelim interviews in Nov and Dec.
Ok perfect thanks, I had this same question!

Would it be unwise to block off the first two weeks of november as not being able to go to any interviews?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok perfect thanks, I had this same question!

Would it be unwise to block off the first two weeks of november as not being able to go to any interviews?

That should be fine. You probably could get all your interviews done in Dec and, if necessary, end of Nov.
Unlike derm programs, most IM programs offer like 20 available dates for interviews so it's easier to find a day that works.

I agree, you should be able to work out your prelim interview schedule so that you can block off the first two wks of Nov. I had 3 prelim interviews during the first two weeks of Nov, but I was trying to get all of my prelim interviews out of the way as soon as possible and selected the Nov interview dates.