What's your favorite TV show?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Congrats to those who just submitted their ROLs! I can't believe I will be doing all that next year!

Thought we could see what all the pathologists of the world watch on TV. Here's my list: :laugh:

1) Lost
2) Alias (big JJ Abrams fan)
3) Amazing Race
4) Desperate Housewives
5) Boston Legal
6) West Wing
7) ER

Looks like I need to get out more between all the time I spend watching TV and cruising SDN forums. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what are my favorites...but I am following these shows:

1) 24
2) Lost (catching up though...)
3) Committed (stopped watching when it ceased being funny)
4) Battlestar galactica (kinda disappointing but there are only 6 more episodes left)

Members don't see this ad :)
beary said:
Hey all,

Congrats to those who just submitted their ROLs! I can't believe I will be doing all that next year!

Thought we could see what all the pathologists of the world watch on TV. Here's my list: :laugh:

1) Lost
3) Amazing Race
4) Desperate Housewives
5) Boston Legal
6) West Wing
7) ER

Looks like I need to get out more between all the time I spend watching TV and cruising SDN forums. :D

#1 - Sportscenter
#2 - Sportscenter
#3 - Quincy
#4 - "Don't get eliminated!!!" MXC
#5 - NYPD Blue ....so sad its ending....I LOVE ZACK MORRIS!!! :laugh:

beary said:
Hey all,

1) Lost
3) Amazing Race
4) Desperate Housewives
5) Boston Legal
6) West Wing
7) ER

1. Sopranos (best show in the history of the medium).
2. South Park.
3. Simpsons.
4. Sportscenter.
5. 60 Minutes.
6. Real Time with Bill Mawr.

pathdawg said:
1. Sopranos (best show in the history of the medium).
2. South Park.
3. Simpsons.
4. Sportscenter.
5. 60 Minutes.
6. Real Time with Bill Mawr.

I forgot:

7. Scrubs.

1. Simpsons
2. South Park
3. King of The Hill
4. Family Guy

I'm way too old to be watching so many cartoons.

I started to watch some of the early Lost episodes last night...damn I been missing out. Pretty good show. Great performance especially from that scraggly idiot who played a hobbit in that one movie by that one dude.

"Where aaare we?"

Wow. Powerful!

Like another member of SDN, I too love The OC. And you can't beat an evening of brainless teen-centered soaps on the WB. HBO programming is inspired-- Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Da Ali G Show, etc. And when the options are particularly dreary nothing beats the trusty stand-by's, ESPN or a good ol' sci-fi channel B-movie.

By the way, "HI ALL". I have decided to lurk no more.

PuGanDoo said:
Like another member of SDN, I too love The OC. And you can't beat an evening of brainless teen-centered soaps on the WB. HBO programming is inspired-- Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Da Ali G Show, etc. And when the options are particularly dreary nothing beats the trusty stand-by's, ESPN or a good ol' sci-fi channel B-movie.

By the way, "HI ALL". I have decided to lurk no more.
Ah ha! Another lurker steps into the light! Welcome, PuGanDoo.

I do like Scrubs. It seems wildly outrageous, but it's actually so true to life...which makes it even more outrageously funny. I'm also a "Cops" fan, myself. Nothing like juicy white trash entertainment. Seriously though, I don't watch much TV. It's because I'm addicted to this silly forum. ;)

I dont watch the big networks. . .

Daily Show
Chapelle Show (I'm Rick James Bitch & I'll have a Samual Jackson)
South Park
The Office
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
And just about anything on Discovery HD or PBS HD.

Pookies said:
I dont watch the big networks. . .

Daily Show
Chapelle Show (I'm Rick James Bitch & I'll have a Samual Jackson)
South Park
The Office
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
And just about anything on Discovery HD or PBS HD.
The Chapelle Show!! That's the best!

Simpsons
Sex and the City
Real World and it's clones
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy/Girl
Iron Chef
Star Trek (past favorite, don't really watch much now)
And any random documentaries on the Discovery, History, or National Geographic Channel

I used to be a big fan of Politically Incorrect, but I'm not such a huge fan of the format of Real Time with Bill Maher. And I think the show is filled too much of Bill Maher's propoganda rather than being a debate format like PI.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Special Report with Brit Hume :)
Law and Order
Law and Order - SVU

What can I say? I don't get out much :)

Half way caught up in the Lost season. If you haven't been watching this, I suggest you download the episodes somehow and catch up. At this point in time you are 17 episodes behind.

geddy said:
The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Special Report with Brit Hume :)
Law and Order
Law and Order - SVU

What can I say? I don't get out much :)

Brit Hume? :laugh: :Laugh: Do you watch "Scarborough Country" too? :laugh:

yaah said:
Brit Hume? :laugh: :Laugh: Do you watch "Scarborough Country" too? :laugh:
yeah, watch geddy come kick your ass now. he brought in his bo-staff to the Step 2 BS...I was like "holy ****, you have a bo-staff geddy!" i dunno where i'm going with this.

AndyMilonakis said:
yeah, watch geddy come kick your ass now. he brought in his bo-staff to the Step 2 BS...I was like "holy ****, you have a bo-staff geddy!" i dunno where i'm going with this.

Well, Brit Hume is a much much better choice than Larry King or Bill OReilly. He probably only talks about Michael Jackson for half of his show.

yaah said:
Well, Brit Hume is a much much better choice than Larry King or Bill OReilly. He probably only talks about Michael Jackson for half of his show.
yeah, now you're just trying to save face. you're scared of geddy aren't you? well, you should be. you should be....

Married with Children
The Simpsons

Harbster said:
Married with Children

That show kicked butt. So amusing. I love the scenes of Al at the shoe store. One episode, he showed up to work, buried his face in his hands, and then they did a time lapse 8 hours until the end of the day and he was still in the same position.

:cool:

yaah said:
One episode, he showed up to work, buried his face in his hands, and then they did a time lapse 8 hours until the end of the day and he was still in the same position.

Wow, if I had my own reality show, this is what they would have taped me doing today!! Stupid graduate school thesis. Just can't get motivated. I sat at my desk in lab for 8 hours and got absolutely nothing done. :(

I should call MTV. Maybe I can be on right before the Ashlee Simpson show. Newlyweds is going off right, so they'll need something new!!

beary said:
Wow, if I had my own reality show, this is what they would have taped me doing today!! Stupid graduate school thesis. Just can't get motivated. I sat at my desk in lab for 8 hours and got absolutely nothing done. :(

I should call MTV. Maybe I can be on right before the Ashlee Simpson show. Newlyweds is going off right, so they'll need something new!!
can't you just write your thesis at home? that's what i did. shoot, i took a month off to "write". :laugh:

yaah said:
That show kicked butt. So amusing. I love the scenes of Al at the shoe store. One episode, he showed up to work, buried his face in his hands, and then they did a time lapse 8 hours until the end of the day and he was still in the same position.

I watched a couple of reruns this morning.......that show never fails to crack me up! Ya gotta love Al!

bundy-al-photo-married-with-children-6200004.jpg

AndyMilonakis said:
can't you just write your thesis at home? that's what i did. shoot, i took a month off to "write". :laugh:

Yeah, I might start doing that soon. I am still trying to do experiments. But many more days like today and neither the thesis or the experiments will get done. :scared:

beary said:
Yeah, I might start doing that soon. I am still trying to do experiments. But many more days like today and neither the thesis or the experiments will get done. :scared:
Well what is your deadline (i.e., your defense) and are these experiments crucial for the final thesis? If not, there is a point where the experiments must halt for a bit so that the thesis can be completed and you can submit it to your committee so that they have ample time to read it. It is tough to resist the temptation to do more and more experiments though.

yaah said:
Brit Hume hsa the best newscast, handsdown. I don't think he ever has mentioned Michael Jackson that I've seen.

As for the bo-staff... how do you think that guy in the step 2 BS got all beaten up with a dropped lung? It's regretable that Andy has chosen to reveal part of my secret identity - now he must be eliminated, old school.

geddy said:
Brit Hume hsa the best newscast, handsdown. I don't think he ever has mentioned Michael Jackson that I've seen.

As for the bo-staff... how do you think that guy in the step 2 BS got all beaten up with a dropped lung? It's regretable that Andy has chosen to reveal part of my secret identity - now he must be eliminated, old school.
Yes, apparently my numchuck skillz are no match for your bo-hunting skillz. I mean gangs tried to get you to join because you were pretty good with the bo-staff. Nobody tried to recruit me for my numchuck skillz. Not even ninjas.

I don't watch much TV but my wife and I watch ER and Law and Order weekly. I also enjoy pretty much anything on the History Channel. Oh, and I also enjoy watching the Illini this year (I'm a longtime fan not a bandwagon fan!).

AndyMilonakis said:
Yes, apparently my numchuck skillz are no match for your bo-hunting skillz. I mean gangs tried to get you to join because you were pretty good with the bo-staff. Nobody tried to recruit me for my numchuck skillz. Not even ninjas.

I now have mad skillz with the bandsaw. I should have shown you the femoral head with avascular necrosis that I just bandsawed not 4 hours ago.

yaah said:
I now have mad skillz with the bandsaw. I should have shown you the femoral head with avascular necrosis that I just bandsawed not 4 hours ago.
yeah after i returned your CD to you, i went to wendy's to get some chow and i ran into some friends of mine. so i ended up loitering in the HO lounge. you could have paged me to show me the neat-o femoral head. oh wait! I don't carry my pager anymore!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I realized for the first time how little TV I ever really watch, when on the 3rd and final evening of my stay in San Antonio I decided to go looking for the remote control.

(This being a hotel room it wasn't hard to find.)

my roommate pretty much owns the TV now. he also got TiVo which helps him watch TV for hours and hours after he gets back from his busy day at work. i just download the episodes of the shows that i find good and then i will watch several episodes at a time on the weekends.

Beary, I totally lurv your avatar - we actually saw Kevin Weisman (sp?) while we were in LA for interviews. Luckily, I played it cool and suppressed my inner squee-age. Not that he's terribly good-looking or anything, of course - Marshall is just da bomb. J.J. Abrams is a genius (did you watch Felicity, too? Not nearly as good, but then it's hard to make the life of an undergrad seem interesting).

Sigh. I love television. We're thinking of leaving ours behind when we move, though - is that crazy? It's just such a tempting distraction from doing semi-important things, such as feeding the pets, paying bills, etc.

My favorites (we don't have cable, so don't fault me for leaving out Sopranos and such):

1. Alias
2. Simpsons
3. Gilmore Girls
4. King of the Hill
5. Arrested Development (watch this, people! It's so funny, but its ratings apparently stink)
6. Scrubs
7. The O.C.
8. Bernie Mac
9. E.R.

I'm resisting Lost, because I already watch an hour on Wednesday night.

Dramas
The Shield
Lost
Sopranos
Nip/Tuck
Alias-just started watching

Comedy
Arrested Development - Funniest show on television
Curb Your Enthusiasm - close second
Scrubs
Chappelle's Show
Da Ali G Show
That 70's Show
Malcolm in the Middle
Simpsons
Entourage

skoller said:
Beary, I totally lurv your avatar - we actually saw Kevin Weisman (sp?) while we were in LA for interviews. Luckily, I played it cool and suppressed my inner squee-age. Not that he's terribly good-looking or anything, of course - Marshall is just da bomb. J.J. Abrams is a genius (did you watch Felicity, too? Not nearly as good, but then it's hard to make the life of an undergrad seem interesting).

Sigh. I love television. We're thinking of leaving ours behind when we move, though - is that crazy? It's just such a tempting distraction from doing semi-important things, such as feeding the pets, paying bills, etc.

My favorites (we don't have cable, so don't fault me for leaving out Sopranos and such):

1. Alias

I'm resisting Lost, because I already watch an hour on Wednesday night.

Thank you very much! I am so jealous that you got to see Marshall in real life - I definitely agree that he is da bomb!! I actually never watched Felicity.

You must watch Lost!! It is even better than Alias this season, IMHO. I definitely admire your dedication to the important things in life - pretty much the most important thing in my life anymore is watching TV. :D

I've seen every episode of Arrested Development; it is indeed hilarious. That, Desperate Housewives, Scrubs and Deadwood (second season starting soon) are my main shows right now. I've spent some time watching Alias and Lost too but they didn't have near the same quality (though Lost may be getting better from what I've heard).

Don't worry, Andy, I probably will end up watching Lost, too - I've caught the last five minutes a couple of times while waiting for Alias, and was intrigued (don't read if you missed last week's ep: is that large dude really a multi-millionaire, or was he joking?).

Beary, we can't blame newcomers for not loving Alias, IMO. Last season and this one (so far), while still good, aren't quite up to the standards of seasons one and two (bring back Will and Francie, JJ!). Still, Stormjen, I'm afraid the Desperate Housewives will need to take up martial arts and start kicking bad-guy arse before I rank them above Alias (jk, DH rocks too). What is Deadwood? Don't think I've heard of it.

P.S. In case you're curious, we saw Marshall at the Grove (shopping / entertainment complex) talking on his cell at an outdoor cafe.

Here, have a nickel. I don't see any trips to the US in the near future, and I can't tell you how many cashiers I've emptied my coin compartment in front of trying to find the right coin either side of the 49th parallel.

deschutes said:
Here, have a nickel. I don't see any trips to the US in the near future, and I can't tell you how many cashiers I've emptied my coin compartment in front of trying to find the right coin either side of the 49th parallel.

The difference in cash value between a canadian nickel and a US nickel is vanishingly small, isn't it?

skoller said:
Beary, we can't blame newcomers for not loving Alias, IMO. Last season and this one (so far), while still good, aren't quite up to the standards of seasons one and two (bring back Will and Francie, JJ!).

I definitely agree that this season has been extremely sub-par. I read somewhere that they were trying to make it easier for new viewers to start watching it but making the story lines shorter and less complicated, and it seems to me that all they did was make the show less interesting. :(

beary said:
I definitely agree that this season has been extremely sub-par. I read somewhere that they were trying to make it easier for new viewers to start watching it but making the story lines shorter and less complicated, and it seems to me that all they did was make the show less interesting. :(

:laugh: Dumbing it down for the american public. How typical.

deschutes said:
Dammit I missed Gilmore Girls again!

This week's Gilmore Girls was the Best. Episode. Ever. Too bad you missed it. Do you know about TWOP recaps? They're the next best thing to watching TV.

beary said:
I'm a fan too, and I dunno, I kinda like how they're going back to the old-school spy thing. Like in the season premier this year, there was a classic fight-on-a-moving-train-going-over-a-bridge scene that I found satisfying.

Ugh...I been hearing a lot about other shows that I'm not watching at the present moment such as Alias. Now there's this talk about Gilmore Girls. Bah screw it. I'm only following three shows at the moment. Can't follow anymore.