What's up with that????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PGY1 needed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where this PGY1 in family medicine on find a resident is?
What is up with residency swap posting positions that are not existent.
Is this some sort of sick joke? Is this a legitimate site or are they just taking candy from a baby?

Members don't see this ad.

At a guess for residentswap.org, I think people who didn't get a PGY-1 slot have been watching it so closely, that an open position will be snatched up by the first one to see it.

Man, competition got fierce this year. >.<

Resident swap is just really slow about removing the filled programs from their site. Definitely, they think it's to their advantage so to attract more customers. They rely on users to report it out of date. I've done it a few times and then they eventually remove the post after contacting the program to get affirmation that the position is indeed filled. Maybe some programs are also slow to affirm.. I don't know. I did an experiement and didn't report the path pgy1 position as out of date, and, it is still there. So, now I'll finish my little experiement and report it out of date now and let's see when they take it off.
But it is, indeed a legitimate site. I was also super reluctant to purchase the subscription, but, strangely, programs use residentswap much, much more frequently than find a resident...

as soon as an opening goes up, the program starts getting bombarded with faxes, phonecalls, and emails. When it says filled so quickly normally it is because the program contacts residentswap and asks them to take it down because they have enough applications, not necessarily because it is actually filled