What's the Deal with RCSI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slam Master J

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, why is RCSI so controversial and getting a billion times more chatter than other universities? Is it because they take more high school grads than the other schools? It's stange...

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing really, apart from 1) RCSI is a crapload more expensive than the others, so apparently some of their students feel a little hard done by. It is very expensive and may not be justifiably so, but in my opinion, they're the ones who chose to go there and shell out that dough. 2) The particularly bitter ones feel the need to spread their bitterness. Misery loves company. Unfortunately, some people don't seem to realize that you make your own happiness and success although some hardships/inconveniences may have to be overcome and surprises (pleasant or unpleasant) can crop up along the way.

RCSI-bashing happens several times a year on this board and it's always the same boring never-ending spiel. Get over it, move on with your lives and I hope you've found more happiness/success doing what you're doing now. Plenty of others enjoyed their time there, let newcomers find their own way and stop spoiling the good experiences they've chanced upon.

I think that people are led to believe that it's great but expensive. They decide to spend so much thinking that it'll be worth it in the long run. When they find out that it isn't very good at all, then they start to get pissed off about everything, including the money.

Members don't see this ad :)
...but there also seems like there's a whole lot of new students talking about it. Maybe RCSI takes a bigger NA group than others?

I want to get a little Trinity action going on this board. That's what I'm interested in.

I'm sure more Trinity action will happen once exams are over :). Well actually for younger years, their exams are over. I'll try to get people to visit. What do you want to know about the Trin?

Oh, nothing specific really. I'm definitely coming to Trinity this fall from Vancouver, BC. So, I'm basically just excited and wanting to know what it's like. I'll find out in a few months :D

What about a little UCD action? :D I'm applying this September.