What's given in the NMAT exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fabs_ot2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi..im new here..im a ust BSOT student..im planning on pursuing medicine and i would like to know what they ask in the NMAT..where should i focus more on..is it hard or easy..thank you.. :)

Members don't see this ad.

fabs_ot2008 said:
hi..im new here..im a ust BSOT student..im planning on pursuing medicine and i would like to know what they ask in the NMAT..where should i focus more on..is it hard or easy..thank you.. :)
Based on a reviewer, here's the coverage.
Coverage:
Verbal Analogies
Reading Comprehension
Inductive Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Perceptual Acuity
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Social Science

You can also read the thread on filipino medical schools and they discussed specific topics where they are not confident. Some worry about the social sciences. Most would say the exam is easy. But this is relative as you are competing with your batch of examinees (curved test). If you want to get into competitive school like UST, you need to score well (in the 80's). Other schools usually accept between 55-65. Some don't look at your NMAT score and look at your grades.

Based on a reviewer, here's the coverage.
Coverage:
Verbal Analogies
Reading Comprehension
Inductive Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Perceptual Acuity
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Social Science

You can also read the thread on filipino medical schools and they discussed specific topics where they are not confident. Some worry about the social sciences. Most would say the exam is easy. But this is relative as you are competing with your batch of examinees (curved test). If you want to get into competitive school like UST, you need to score well (in the 80's). Other schools usually accept between 55-65. Some don't look at your NMAT score and look at your grades.

UP Manila College of Medicine requires no less than 90.