what's considered re-app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lc18

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I had previously submitted my primary application (AMCAS) but no secondaries...will I still be considered a re-applicant to that school?

Members don't see this ad.

i think yes because the school had to start a file on you once you sent them your AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I had previously submitted my primary application (AMCAS) but no secondaries...will I still be considered a re-applicant to that school?
Yes. Once you submit the primary application to a school, you have applied to that school.

Supposed I'm applying to 30 schools, 15 of which I had submitted the AMCAS application for in an earlier cycle. Do I indicate that I am a re-applicant on the AMCAS even though 15 of those schools haven't seen my application before?

Supposed I'm applying to 30 schools, 15 of which I had submitted the AMCAS application for in an earlier cycle. Do I indicate that I am a re-applicant on the AMCAS even though 15 of those schools haven't seen my application before?

Yes. You are a re-applicant. Period. There are no loopholes. You applied, you didn't get in. You are applying again. You are a RE-applicant. Get over it. It is not a bad thing. There are many adcoms that look at re-applicants positively as they show persistence.

- H

Unless this year's app looks dramatically different from the previous one, they ask you if you have previously applied to each particular school. So you will be a re-applicant to some and a new applicant to others. Yes? No?

Exactly. new applicant to some schools and a re-applicant to others. What do you check on AMCAS? Reapplicant: yes or no?

Exactly. new applicant to some schools and a re-applicant to others. What do you check on AMCAS? Reapplicant: yes or no?

It's exactly what you just said. "new applicant to some schools and a re-applicant to others. " It's not a general question, they ask you for each school. So for the ones where you've previously applied, you would check re-applicant.