Whats considered early/on time for DO application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueComet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the DO cycle is longer than the MD cycle. I am applying to two DO schools, Touro CA and WesternU CA, I have a 3.5cgpa, 3.45sgpa and 515 MCAT. Although I turned in my primary in the beginning of july, I will be complete in these schools by around the end of next week ( around Aug 9th). I am still considered early for these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanksgiving would be considered late for most schools, you're good!

Reactions: 1 user
I would add few more schools if you are applying just DO. Add PNWU and TUNCOM as well as a backup.
Yes, you are early enough for DO cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that the DO cycle is longer than the MD cycle. I am applying to two DO schools, Touro CA and WesternU CA, I have a 3.5cgpa, 3.45sgpa and 515 MCAT. Although I turned in my primary in the beginning of july, I will be complete in these schools by around the end of next week ( around Aug 9th). I am still considered early for these schools?
Yes, you're still early, even with the surplus of CA applicants. For DO schools, anything before T-giving is early or ontime.

Yes, you're still early, even with the surplus of CA applicants. For DO schools, anything before T-giving is early or ontime.
Hi Goro, does it help to apply earlier than thanksgiving? As in, will there be an advantage to applying in August vs October/November for example?

I would add few more schools if you are applying just DO. Add PNWU and TUNCOM as well as a backup.
Yes, you are early enough for DO cycle.

I am applying to 23 MDs and 2 DOs. Now that I realize that it doesnt matter how early I Turn in my application, im thinking maybe ill wait till september to see if I have any interviews before applying to more DO schools? Or should i just apply to more now?

I am applying to 23 MDs and 2 DOs. Now that I realize that it doesnt matter how early I Turn in my application, im thinking maybe ill wait till september to see if I have any interviews before applying to more DO schools? Or should i just apply to more now?
It’s depends on your app, but with your MCAT/GPA, assuming no red flags, that seems fine. If you do have some huge red flags you could add PCOM, DMU, KCU to your list.

It’s depends on your app, but with your MCAT/GPA, assuming no red flags, that seems fine. If you do have some huge red flags you could add PCOM, DMU, KCU to your list.
Thankfully no red flags, clear record with no IAs. Are there any schools other than Touro CA and Western CA that you would recommend to someone with my stats? I am planning on applying to more DO schools possibly in the beginning of september if I do not get any responses till then. I will have my DO applications complete by the end of the week.

Thankfully no red flags, clear record with no IAs. Are there any schools other than Touro CA and Western CA that you would recommend to someone with my stats? I am planning on applying to more DO schools possibly in the beginning of september if I do not get any responses till then. I will have my DO applications complete by the end of the week.
I think you’ll get MD interviews, but for DO schools I recommend mainly the oldest DO schools like KCU, DMU, PCOM, CCOM, TCOM, NYITCOM, and VCOM, just not Nova and those other schools Goro recommends against.