What would you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wackie

Inappropriate, always
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You respond to a 65 year old male and find him supine and unconscious. RR 25, P 120. What do you do?

A.) Move his lips like a puppet as you say, "I'm just taking a quick nap. Don't mind me!" with appropriate BSI.
B.) Straighten the toupee, notice that it does not match his natural color (obviously still matching the color of his hair from when he originally bought it twenty five years ago), and apply gray highlights to the toupee so that all the nurses will love him at the hospital
C.) Make and offer him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to help his palor
D.) All of the above

Members don't see this ad.

Wackie said:
You respond to a 65 year old male and find him supine and unconscious. RR 25, P 120. What do you do?

A.) Move his lips like a puppet as you say, "I'm just taking a quick nap. Don't mind me!" with appropriate BSI.
B.) Straighten the toupee, notice that it does not match his natural color (obviously still matching the color of his hair from when he originally bought it twenty five years ago), and apply gray highlights to the toupee so that all the nurses will love him at the hospital
C.) Make and offer him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to help his palor
D.) All of the above

IV, 02, EKG.

check the pt's glucose.

What else do you want to hear? Kick him in the crotch? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all are being way too serious. Lighten up. :laugh:

I'm venting after a test I took for employment. They had all the regular questions but then had some weird ones.

True or False:
You take directions from authority without question.

WTF? :confused: That's not a yes or no question.
If an authority figure told me to run out in front of a moving bus, hell yes I'd question it. If they said "Wash the truck"...*shrug* D'oh kay.

I would probably choose "A" but I would not use BSI. I enjoy exposing myself to the plethora of pathogens out there. Right now i'm after a flesh-eating virus to complete my collection.

The funny part is that the phrase "flesh eating virus" has probably sent up a red-flag on all the homeland security computers.

dxu

The funny part is that the phrase "flesh eating virus" has probably sent up a red-flag on all the homeland security computers

PROBABLY?.....we are zeroing in on the sdn terrorist now.....

emedpa said:
The funny part is that the phrase "flesh eating virus" has probably sent up a red-flag on all the homeland security computers

PROBABLY?.....we are zeroing in on the sdn terrorist now.....

:eek:

:blackhelicopter:

I love those questions just had to do one of those for a new job I took. I was expecting something like...

11. Do you have moods where you want to kill people? y/n
12. Would you consider stealing to fund a drug habit? y/n

Dumbest answers I've seen for an employment test was for the classic, "You're on a private interfacility "emergency" call and the patient has unstable V/S"
Do you:

A. Advise dispatch that you need medics
B. Transport without delay
C, D wrong answers.

Well, I circled A and B, wrote a note about local protocols (transport if ETA of medics is > transport time) and company protocols (dispatch calling medics vs picking up the phone and calling 911 myself; fire based EMS system) and short transport times The majority of the rest of the interview consisted for the most part on a discussion about that question. I guess they didn't want an employee who could think on their own, or they wanted someone who could work more then 1 day a week due to school.