What would you do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So one of the programs I'm considering ranking #1 is Stanford (still not sure...MGH, BID, UVa, Penn also contenders). And it's been indicated on this site that their PD does not correspond post-interview. I've read all of the commentary about how to communicate interest to programs post-interview, yada yada. So do you go ahead and communicate to a program that does not do it themselves? I'm sure they have their reasons as to why they do not "court" or "feel out" applicants. If they think that communicating with
applicants "compromises the integrity of the match" or something, how will they view applicants who communicate their interest to them? Any insight on this? It won't even be an issue if I don't rank them #1, but I thought I'd gather some thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

it reall couldn't hurt, could it? i think they would be happy to hear you enjoyed your interview there and would like to go there. even if they don't send correspondence, i'm sure they like positive (or negative) feedback. i'm not sure how much all this "i love you, i'm ranking you number one" stuff really matters, but it certainly can't hurt you.

just my 0.02.

Hi Cubby, I sent the Stanford PD and my interviewer both a letter despite knowing their "policy" of not communicating. I agree with boolaboo, I don't think it could possibly hurt and you should go for it if you like 'em that much.

there are a lot of programs that don't send notes. don't take it personally. i don't think it will hurt at all if you send a note, it probably won't help, but who knows.