What up with SUNY UPSTATE SYRACUSE UROLGY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MdMdMd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed at Syracuse recently, so they didn't cancel all of them. If they have cancelled later interviews, then I hadn't heard about it.

What happened there, as I understand it, is that they either lost or pushed out their program director. Some faculty in the department he had built have either left or are considering leaving as a result. This left the future for the department "up in the air."

At the time when we interviewed, they had several candidates (one in particular) who they were considering for PD and they were expecting a decision from/about one of them in the very near future. If the PD issue was resolved, there was good reason to think the program would return to their previous state of being a great place to train. If they didn't resolve the PD issue... then the future was unknown. They expected some sort of resolution before rank lists were due from applicants.

If they have cancelled all future interviews, then I'm afraid we may have our answer about whether they expect to fill the PD position in the near future.

Just FYI, enjoyed the interview. Nice residents, nice faculty, nice facilities.

Last edited: