What type of questions to ask interviewers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BostonLvr

KSUCVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering...what type of questions do you think are appropriate to ask your interviewers when asked at the end of an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I usually asked what they felt set their school apart from other schools. (Which generally gave them a chance to brag on their school!) :D

I usually asked what they felt set their school apart from other schools. (Which generally gave them a chance to brag on their school!) :D

That's tough for Canada since we have to go to the vet school that covers our province. :thumbdown:

Any other ideas for questions to ask? I was actually thinking of posting this question, so I'm really curious about all your answers...I would like to have a good list of questions all ready!

Also, any MUST ask questions during a tour? If I'm trying to decide on a province (and hence school) to get resident status in, and taking tours of the various vet schools in different provinces, any advice on what to ask?

How can you tell if a hospital is just shiny & clean vs also efficient and a good learning environment?

Also, any MUST ask questions during a tour? If I'm trying to decide on a province (and hence school) to get resident status in, and taking tours of the various vet schools in different provinces, any advice on what to ask?

When the school in Grenada (St. George's I think?) did a presentation for us, I asked what opportunities they had in terms of equine work. They said, "Oh, we have 6 horses on the island, it's great!"...haha. (Disclaimer: I'm sure it's a great school, just not for me).

Do you have the opportunity to speak with any current students at the schools you are looking at? There input might help you decide.