What type of jobs can you get with this degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderboy123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What type of job placements can I get with a degree from Columbia Teachers college in psychology in education?

Members don't see this ad.

Just to clarify so folks might be able to better help: is this a masters program? I'd imagine so, but just double-checking.

Hi,
Yes, this is a masters program. Its in the clinical psychology program of Columbia teachers college.

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm honestly not sure. I don't know if it'd do much to prepare you for masters-level school psychology positions, as they seem to already have existing programs tailored specifically for that. Maybe it's geared to be more of a stepping stone for folks who're looking to eventually move on to their doctorate? You could always email the program and either ask directly, or ask for contact info of recent graduates and then check with them to see what they're doing.

From their website:
This graduate level degree is ideal for students who wish to strengthen their applications to Ph.D. programs, to complement their expertise in other fields with clinical principals, or to learn how to best employ their education in psychology locally and globally. Graduates of this program have gone on to effectively ameliorate mental suffering in their communities through research or practice.​
This would lead me to believe that this is not a degree that leads to an independent position, it is either a stepping stone for doctoral training or a complement to an existing career. So it seems that the answer would be that it does not lead directly to a job in the field of psychology.

Reactions: 1 user