What to eat on the day...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nofear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always get sleepy around lunch time, anyone suggest anything for the exam day?
thank

Members don't see this ad.

definitely take a thermus of strong coffee with u and take a few gulps every break u get. i get very drowsy too around 1-2pm but for some reason all the stress and adrenaline from taking the test kept me wired.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally would avoid caffeine as it obviously is a diuretic and may cost you some precious break time if you know what I mean. The exam day diet that has worked best for me is a bagel w/ cream cheese and a bottled smoothie. Preface that w/ a good night of sleep and a solid breakfast and you are good to go.

Thomas light english muffin with a) extra chunky peanut butter and a sliced banana or b) an egg and a slice of cheese

both are great protein/ fiber/ fat combos. add a small cup of coffee.

after that eat something small between every few blocks. I like apples and peanut M&Ms and protein power bars.

I personally would avoid caffeine as it obviously is a diuretic and may cost you some precious break time if you know what I mean.

Preface that w/ a good night of sleep and a solid breakfast and you are good to go.

100% agree on both points. Watch out for the caffeine. I overdosed on coffee for Step 1 and I flew through about the last 20 questions on one of my later blocks due to an acute need to micturate. :eek: