What to do with old dental equipment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redchesus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put off getting rid of my dental school equipment because "one day I can use them in my own practice" LOL
I haven't needed any of it since I've been associating this whole time and my owner provided everything
Well now 7 years later I'm heading back to endo residency and will definitely not be needing most of this stuff anymore (articulators, mixing bowls, cassettes of general dentistry and hygiene instruments)

Is there a place to try to list this stuff for sale? Or get rid of them safely? I absolutely do not want to haul any of this across the country when I move.

Also loupes... I'll be moving to microscope use, should I keep my 4x loupes for when I do volunteer work or something? Any endodontist can tell me if you kept your loupes?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are feeling generous, I feel like you could probably find non profit organization that could use the instruments. One time I saw on dental nachos on facebook (Paul Goodman) had a friend who does mission trips in Africa looking for dental equipment donations. So maybe reach out to Paul Goodman on fb and he could connect you.

I feel like loupes you should definitely keep. Never know when you may need them. Good back-up magnification incase something breaks or wanna do volunteer work. (I'm not an endodontist, just giving my opinion)

Reactions: 1 users