What the duck?

chicago5950

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO YOU'RE TELLING ME:

That I could go for one year of college taking pre-pharmacy, shadow a pharmacist/work as a pharmacy technician during the summer after my first year and take the pcat, apply for early-decision (deadline early September) and hear back all before Christmas of my SECOND YEAR of college if I've been accepted into Pharmacy School?

How would you take the PCAT if you havent taken your 2nd year of college courses?

Members don't see this ad.

Doing 2 years of prerequisite is going to be difficult for you to get into pharmacy school
More schools prefer 4 yr w/ bachelors degree

I thought you could do what I just stated above, can anyone confirm/deny?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure you can, just might be a bit tougher. Or how about those 6 year programs?

There are a lot of pharm programs that do not require a Bachelors degree. Don't try California though...

It sounds like that you can, but realize you're competing against people who have bachelor degrees.

So for a good chance to get in:

Make sure your PCAT is very very high
Make sure your GPA is very very high
Make sure you get very excellent letters of reference, and hopefully be connected to the admissions staff at the college of pharmacy.

That's all.

Yes, you can. It's actually fairly common.

The majority of stuff you need to know for the PCAT comes in the first two years of prerequisites, you'll only have missed out on the second semester of your sophomore year. Most PCAT review books will be able to help you with whatever additional knowledge you need.

That being said, it still isn't easy. You'll be competing against people with more experience and more education than you, so you'd better make your time count.

California blows. In other states, pharmacy admission is quite easy.