What the crap am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snicket

ghettochip malfunction
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am the world, pretty much. However, my main inquiry is if ADCOMs would view me as a URM or not.

snicket is:
- 1/4 Black
- 1/4 White
- 1/4 Indian
- 1/8 Chinese
- 1/8 Portuguese

...with parents from the Caribbean (Guyana, in South America).

I identify as multiracial; I'm chucked into more cultures than National Geographic. Some people think I'm Brazilian, Puerto Rican, or Dominican, but for the most part -- definitely look like a mutt. Lovely guesses from those folks though, since everyone and their mom in those countries are mixed.

So, does anyone know what I'd be regarded as? 'Tis rather disconcerting to categorize as such, but categorizing is in human nature. S'all good.

Members don't see this ad.

I am the world, pretty much. However, my main inquiry is if ADCOMs would view me as a URM or not.

snicket is:
- 1/4 Black
- 1/4 White
- 1/4 Indian
- 1/8 Chinese
- 1/8 Portuguese

...with parents from the Caribbean (Guyana, in South America).

I identify as multiracial; I'm chucked into more cultures than National Geographic. Some people think I'm Brazilian, Puerto Rican, or Dominican, but for the most part -- definitely look like a mutt. Lovely guesses from those folks though, since everyone and their mom in those countries are mixed.

So, does anyone know what I'd be regarded as? 'Tis rather disconcerting to categorize as such, but categorizing is in human nature. S'all good.

This Thread Is Useless Without Pics! ;)

I'd say you're ORM. I saw about 30 of yous guys at my interviews last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha. Thanks? Uhhhhhhhh.

ANYWAYzszsyzy;

That's exactly the thing, shim. The culture of my family is a hodgepodge of stuff, unless you call the hodgepodge of culture a culture itself.

Maybe I'll just say I'm an alien and call it a day. X)

What do you identify with?

I completely understand. I have more mixes in me than Betty Crocker. I just show up to my schools, do my work, and leave the people that want to categorize in the dust. I am who I am - why do my ancestors have anything to do with my future prospects? All men (and women) are created equal, and all that . . .