What supplements pharmacist should take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pirates and sailors were wasting their time using lemons to prevent scurvy. They should have just used vitamin C tablets.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Antidepressants, benzodiazepines, Buspar when it comes back in stock, maybe some ambien for sleep and quetiapine when things get really bad

Caffeine 200mg, vitamin d3 5000u, magnesium 250mg, bcomplex with b6 + b12, high epa fish oil, multivitamin with most (~30) vits/minerals, gasX... hmm high blood pressure meds too

I love how you add gasx to your list. Many of long retail days has this been necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd also recommend some propranolol before going into work if you're in retail.

Um all multivitamins have high doses. Take a look at this label for gnc vitamins. If you are taking any of them chances are you are getting a huge dose.
I agree that many brands of multivits have ridiculously high levs, but there are multivits that aren't that crazy. Deva Vegan is an example, where every vitamin is 100% or less.

That's just the loading dose for me.
better to use Vodka as the loading dose and then use beer to stay at steady state. Seriously I would not recommend alcohol to anyone. Living hopelessly I was witness to many alcoholics and that drug destroys lives.

Testosterone injects subq once a week to feel young and enjoy women again.

IV Prednisone to create emulated anger to feel alive again.

Adderall to have energy again.

I once worked a shift with 3 pharmacists who were all smokers, they took turns going outside

Amazing isn't it? There was once a time when we had triple overlap

Reactions: 2 users
I once worked a shift with 3 pharmacists who were all smokers, they took turns going outside

Amazing isn't it? There was once a time when we had triple overlap
You realize there are still pharmacies that staff 4+ pharmacists right? look at super busy pharmacies doing 3,000+ scripts a day in busy metro areas.

You realize there are still pharmacies that staff 4+ pharmacists right? look at super busy pharmacies doing 3,000+ scripts a day in busy metro areas.

Is there really any pharmacy doing 3000+ scripts a day? I have my doubts....at a certainly point, people are just running over each other and in would make more sense to open up a sister pharmacy. At one time, Walgreens had 2 stores directly across from each other in Chicago (they probably still do, I just have been that way for several years to say for sure.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Vitamin D 1000 is probably useful, especially if you're a pale zombie living where the sun shines only a few days a year. All other supplements are probably a wash. Also, unless it is USP certified (Nature Made and Kirkland I think?) the dosing accuracy standards are garbage, so who even knows how much you're taking of what you think you're taking.

As for actually making it through the day: black coffee, dextroamphetamine, bupropion, citalopram. Downers and hypnotics make me too stupid to do the job safely.

I'm a student and also have a part-time work at a local cafe. Indeed it's non-stop craziness. I drink a lot of coffee and this gives me enough energy to survive through the day. Lately, I've been more tired and stressed than usual and I looked for some supplements that would help me deal with that. I found a stress relief formula from Prorganiq Health but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't express myself about it. I hope it will be good enough to help me get through this crazy period in my life.

Last edited:
I'm a student and also have a part-time work at a local cafe. Indeed it's non-stop craziness. I drink a lot of coffee and this gives me enough energy to survive through the day. Lately, I've been more tired and stressed than usual and I looked for some supplements that would help me deal with that, but I don't know what to choose from the variety.
Get more sleep. Take less caffeine later in the day.

Reactions: 2 users
The days when I have taken Sudafed, I felt much more alert and energetic during work.

An “off-lebel” indication..

The days when I have taken Sudafed, I felt much more alert and energetic during work.

An “off-lebel” indication..

You can get Bronkaid or Primatene behind the counter without a script and that is true ephedrine if you seek energy. Don't take if you have a preexisting heart condition or BP issues, of course.

You can get Bronkaid or Primatene behind the counter without a script and that is true ephedrine if you seek energy. Don't take if you have a preexisting heart condition or BP issues, of course.
Sudafed is just a diastereomer of ephedrine. In fact it is more effective, not less. So if you are looking for a pick-me-up Sudafed would stronger. But in reality, you can only screw with nature so long. The answer remains. Get more sleep.

Got it! Do the following while working pharmacy:

1.) take amphetamine as a baseline

2.) drink coffee throughout the day for hydration

3.) pop Sudafed when needed for additional pick me up

4.) puff Bronkaid for that immediate need for a boost..

What could go wrong?

Sudafed is just a diastereomer of ephedrine. In fact it is more effective, not less. So if you are looking for a pick-me-up Sudafed would stronger. But in reality, you can only screw with nature so long. The answer remains. Get more sleep.

Post up evidence/sources please.

Last time I checked, the effect of pseudoephedrine was considerably less than ephedrine.

Have to agree with others, there is no replacement for sleep and an adequate diet. Drugs are just a crutch/tool for short term/temporary relief...can't trick physiology indefinitely

Have to agree with others, there is no replacement for sleep and an adequate diet. Drugs are just a crutch/tool for short term/temporary relief...can't trick physiology indefinitely

Well that’s no fun!

Take a dose of nothing every day and face reality with a lucid mind