What should I do with an empty course schedule 3rd or 4th year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is best to do with free time in the last 2 years of college?

• History Minor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Music Minor

• Economics Minor

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Another language (Spanish?)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Something else?

• Total voters

yjkimnada

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm currently halfway into sophomore year and have basically finished almost all of my premed requirements and most of my major stuff, too (biology major). The only classes I have yet to take are 1 semester of biochemistry and 1 semester of psychology (for premed) and 4 semesters of upper level biology. I've also pretty much finished most of my school's graduation requirements.

So with my open, free course schedule junior and senior year, I've decided to pursue something more, but I need your help. I have balanced interests in history, music, and economics as minors and can't decide between the three. I feel like a humanities minor like history or music would complement my heavily scientific profile better, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've also considered another language such as Spanish since I simply placed out of Latin here at school rather than taking actual classes (do med schools not like this btw?)

Or is there anything else that you think I should consider? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm currently halfway into sophomore year and have basically finished almost all of my premed requirements and most of my major stuff, too (biology major). The only classes I have yet to take are 1 semester of biochemistry and 1 semester of psychology (for premed) and 4 semesters of upper level biology. I've also pretty much finished most of my school's graduation requirements.

So with my open, free course schedule junior and senior year, I've decided to pursue something more, but I need your help. I have balanced interests in history, music, and economics as minors and can't decide between the three. I feel like a humanities minor like history or music would complement my heavily scientific profile better, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've also considered another language such as Spanish since I simply placed out of Latin here at school rather than taking actual classes (do med schools not like this btw?)

Or is there anything else that you think I should consider? Thanks!
Spanish is likely to be helpful in a future medical career. There's no reason not to dabble in other disciplines you've mentioned without specifically claiming minor status.