Medical What should I do about AMCAS hour issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I put down the total hours that I worked on AMCAS for a job that I had for about 3.5 years to be about 4000. Unfortunately, I did not have access to my paystubs as the workplace only had paystubs for the last 1.5 years that I worked. I calculated my hours be taking my total pay for the year and dividing by my max hourly wage. Sometimes I was paid less depending on what I was doing. For example, if I was doing shift A I was paid 12.00/hour, and doing shift B i was paid 10.00/hour. So after dividing my max hourly pay by my total wages for each year, my total came out to be about 4000 hours. I was notified after I submitted my application that my hours were actually closer to about 3400 hours. I did not mean to intentionally inflate my hours, and I dont want to come off that I am lying. Should I email the schools with an update or bring it up if I do get any interviews?
There is no meaningful difference between 3400 and 4000 hours for any sort of activity that I can think of. I cannot imagine this causing any issues. If anyone asks about it - which again, I can't imagine happening - you can explain at that time that you estimated based on income since you didn't have paystubs - and rounded to the nearest whole figure.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.