What section did you study for the most?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organichemistry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you ask me, Biology has far and away the most material on it. The PAT isn't so much studying hard as much as doing lots of practice and knowing some tricks.

I was curious if anyone spent more time studying for any other section over Biology.

I only plan on spending about an afternoon on GC, 2-3 days on OC, and 10-14 days on Biology. Then get my hands on as many practice problems as I can, and I feel I'll be set. Anyone think this will be a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

The thing about the Bio section is that they can ask any question they want from a variety of subjects. As opposed to Gchem and Ochem which come from a single textbook each. In my opinion its a lot easier mastering Gchem and Ochem since you have all the materials you need to know in a couple books. Youre less in control of your score on the Bio section. It might come down to how lucky you get with your question topics. A friend of mine had a "Plant" DAT, he said there were 5+ questions about plants. Unfortuntely for him he hadn't taken plant bio before and just relied on the Kaplan stuff, which he said didn't help at all for his test. For me, I had zero plant questions, but a lot of evolution and ecology.

i find it hard to study for bio from the kaplan material, since it doesn't cover everything. u'll find odd questions on the real test that will catch u off guard. if u have a lot of exposure to bio from your undergrad this may not be a problem.

i studied gchem the most b/c i felt it was most difficult to grasp on the kaplan material.

in the end.. bio was wat i did worse on.