what programs are dishing out interviews so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HamSandwich

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
lets start a list of where people are getting interviews

i have interviews from:

Maine Med in portland
UMass worcester
Dartmouth Concord
Hunterdon Med Center in NJ
Mid Hudson in Kingston NY
Duke (AHEC) in fayetteville, NC
Brown in Providence
Greenville in SC
and VCU Blackstone in VA (declined)

anyone hear anything from any programs in Denver?

Members don't see this ad.

invites from

Duke in Durham
Albany Med
Wake Forest

I have heard from quite a few places so far (all in the southeast). I'm kinda surprised considering I submitted my ERAS in the middle of last week (and my scores won't exactly make admissions committees drool with excitement)

Thus far I have heard from:
Duke
Chapel Hill
Charleston
Colombia, SC
Med Coll of GA
Bayfront (tampa/st. pete)
Kentucky
MCE (birmingham)

I'm still waitng on Univ of Mich , Univ of Washington, and UVA

How many places do people typically interview at? I imagine interview burnout will occur around 5-10. Does anyone out there know any good or bad things about these programs? Ant places to avoid?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard from:
U Mass
Brown
Mt Sinai at Jamiaca
Boston U

Fastest rejection ever: Mayo in Scottsdale. Downloaded by application at 3:50 and sent me a rejection at 5:30!

clue-two hours. ouch, that sux! waiting to hear from mayo (jacksonville) myself... hawaii, hendersonville, and asheville havent even downloaded my stuff so you never know, i may get my own two hour rejection yet.

also still waiting on tufts and the entire greater metropolitian area of denver.

i might have applied to a few too many. 33 total. 12 interview offers so far.

HamSandwich,
Are those all allopathic programs? If I recall correctly, you are a DO student, right? Did they all accept your COMLEX, or did you take the USMLE as well?

yup i am a DO student. i took the COMLEX only. i did middle of the road and that is why i applied to so many programs. i figured it would be feast or famine and so far, FEAST! woohooooo! oh and yes, they are all allopathic programs. i didnt apply thru the DO match.

I also did "middle of the road" on the COMLEX and am probably going to apply for FP...So you are making me feel better! Congratulations on your feast!!! :D :clap:

Bulldawg.......What impressed you about MCE in Birmingham....That is a program that I am possibly interested in if I decide to do FP....I know that it is a small program but suppose to have great faculty and does a terrific job in preparing you for being on your own...What do you know about it? Keep me posted on how interview goes...

The reason I became interested in MCE in birmingham was the interaction I had with some of their program representatives at a residency fair. They were enthusiastic about the program and did a good job of selling it. Unfortunately, I probably won't be taking the interview there after all. I'm doing the couple's match with my fiancee, so we're more interested in larger university-based programs like the ones I mentioned above. I have found that interviews were easier to come by than I expected. I applied to 17 programs and have been offered 10 interviews in one week.

I was also a little scared off by the fact that they supposedly only matched 2 out of 5 spots last year (i believe data from scutwork.com, not sure how accurate), but that could simply be due to being a small program and low fam med demand these days.

If you're looking for programs of this variety, I have also heard good things about Virginia Commonwealth/Riverside and Rome,GA

I turned in my app yesterday and got an invite the same day.....Mercy Sacramento. That was fast. I'll check me email and see if i got anymore

got one today from Swedish Family Medicine in Littleton, CO

Originally posted by save10
I turned in my app yesterday and got an invite the same day.....Mercy Sacramento. That was fast. I'll check me email and see if i got anymore

california community fp programs are on the ball