What percent of dental school class's fill up on Dec 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlecGaro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so we all know how December 1st is a big day for applicants. I was wondering if anyone had a general estimate of what percent of dental school class's fill up from acceptances on that day. I am located in California so I am asking mainly for California schools and possibly UNLV. Obviously, every school is different but if anyone had any experience or knowledge on this subject please share! I always thought it was a bit interesting.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, so we all know how December 1st is a big day for applicants. I was wondering if anyone had a general estimate of what percent of dental school class's fill up from acceptances on that day. I am located in California so I am asking mainly for California schools and possibly UNLV. Obviously, every school is different but if anyone had any experience or knowledge on this subject please share! I always thought it was a bit interesting.

Thank you
Would like to know as well.

Reactions: 1 users

Thank you
Completely impossible to determine a trend of how many accept/decline an acceptance to a dental school. Its just a waiting game.

Members don't see this ad :)
The most accurate answer any pre-dental can probably give you is "a good amount". Ask an admissions officer at an interview if you have a chance to do so, or call schools even. Sometimes they're happy to share some info.

Reactions: 2 users
Completely impossible to determine a trend of how many accept/decline an acceptance to a dental school. Its just a waiting game.

The most accurate answer any pre-dental can probably give you is "a good amount". Ask an admissions officer at an interview if you have a chance to do so, or call schools even. Sometimes they're happy to share some info.

So are you screwed if you are not interviewed or accepted by december 1st?

Nope, plenty of people get in after December. There are definitely less seats you're competing for, but you can still get in.

If you haven't got an interview invite by January, then you might be out luck.

Reactions: 1 users
No definitely not. A lot of people receive multiple acceptances. So there will be plenty of people initially on the wait list, that are granted a spot later on. Just hard to find a concrete trend or stat

I recently interviewed at Michigan. They were giving us an idea of how many people get accepted from the list of interviewers and she guessed they'll accept around 180. Only 70-80% of the 106 class size will be filled after that (from people declining and going elsewhere).

I recently interviewed at Michigan. They were giving us an idea of how many people get accepted from the list of interviewers and she guessed they'll accept around 180. Only 70-80% of the 106 class size will be filled after that (from people declining and going elsewhere).
Wow. That makes me feel really good about my interviews.

Detroit mercy said they fill up about 70% by Jan 1st

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Detroit mercy said they fill up about 70% by Jan 1st

I am also wondering if by any chance, you have an estimated number of how many applicants they interview up to 12/1, and how many acceptances will be handed out. Has anyone ever told you from Detroit Mercy? Thanks!

I am also wondering if by any chance, you have an estimated number of how many applicants they interview up to 12/1, and how many acceptances will be handed out. Has anyone ever told you from Detroit Mercy? Thanks!
I think we were discussing it on UDM's thread.. 58% OOS get in pre dec interview :) from adea guide

Anyone know about MWU or ATSU and how many seats they fill up before Dec 1st?

I don't know how many predec interviews but I think it's in the 800's. They give out 260 acceptances dec 1st. These are figures they gave when I interviewed there.