What Not to Wear/Take to an Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
guys aren't the only ones who should take note not to wear oversized suits... one girl i saw looked like she borrowed her brother's suit from 1985 and wore an UN-IRONED blouse that you could see her bra through underneath... not attractive.. i think she also had on lumberjack boots.. hmm..

Members don't see this ad.

I looked on Men's Wharehouse's website and they have pretty thorough info about how to wear your suit (e.g. what buttons to button) and what they think is appropriate attire for interviews in the more conservative fields, medicine specifically included. Good stuff for those of us who don't ever wear suits.

Interestingly they say that a black suit would be less conservative than a standard navy blue or charcoal suit and that sport coats are flat out not a good option.

Normally I wouldn't trust a suit store for my fashion advise, as you could get turned into some "queer eye" project (and end up with a black shirt j/k), but MW seems to have reliable info on their website.

Originally posted by exmike
DONT show up late. I can't believe that at each interview I went to, someone showed up late. There just isn't any excuse.

how about this for an excuse:
at one of my interviews, i stayed with a student host that lived about a 10minute drive from the school. after driving to school, it was another 10 minute walk from the parking lot to the school. i was ready to go, sitting in her living room with plenty of time to spare (i.e. about 45min before i had to be at the school,) and she moseyed out of bed, got up, showered, did her hair, farted around and then took me. (i had been hinting "hey, ya think we should leave yet? do we have enough time to get there on time?" etc...) i was the last one to show and everyone was waiting for me. i could have KILLED that girl. after the day was done, too, she was late picking me up and getting me to the airport, and i almost missed my flight. :mad: