What new book to buy for practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobbybee22

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a new practicing ophthalmologist just out of residency and have a small stipend to purchase a new book. I have most of the board review books, so I don't want anything like that, but I do want something that will provide me some utility in my practice. I have an oculoplastics and corneal text book so I'm good on those. Are there any great refractive or premium IOL text books? Should I go with a corneal topography text or perhaps Shields for glaucoma? How about the Spalton Atlas? I'd appreciate the advice...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a new practicing ophthalmologist just out of residency and have a small stipend to purchase a new book. I have most of the board review books, so I don't want anything like that, but I do want something that will provide me some utility in my practice. I have an oculoplastics and corneal text book so I'm good on those. Are there any great refractive or premium IOL text books? Should I go with a corneal topography text or perhaps Shields for glaucoma? How about the Spalton Atlas? I'd appreciate the advice...

See response in the main forum.