what laryngoscope brand is more practical to buy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new anesthesiology resident. I m contemplating of purchasing a new laryngoscope but can't decide as to what brand to buy. I'm considering of the price, durability and practicality of the brand. Any suggestions?
:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a new anesthesiology resident. I m contemplating of purchasing a new laryngoscope but can't decide as to what brand to buy. I'm considering of the price, durability and practicality of the brand. Any suggestions?
:idea:

What country requires you to purchase your own blades?:eek:
The Rolls Royce of blades is the fiberoptic Heine with the LED handle. It puts all other blades to shame.

I'm from a developing country, our hospital equipments are not enough to supply the needs of the doctors. Each doctor must have his own materials/ equipment to provide adequate care to the patients. Since I am new to the department, I'm still borrowing laryngoscope from my seniors. Btw, thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid rolls Royce may not be available here in our region.