What kind of research should I be looking to do for best matching success?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychlord

Reaction score
M1 - My research interests are in Psychoradiology, realistically speaking I don't know if I would be able to get involved into this sort of research while in med school. I know this field is new and probably needs a lot of effort, which I don't mind placing. Yet, I am interested in getting some pubs while in school to help my future residency application. How did you guys get involved in radiology research and what kind of research did you end up doing? I am just a little lost since my school doesn't really have anything radiology related, other than electives.

Thank you and sorry if this questions sound stupid, I am actually seeking guidance.

PS: I am leaning towards neuroradiology.

Members don't see this ad.

Involvement in any kind of research can demonstrate your academic potential.

I did translational research, imaging mouse models of cancer with an experimental radiotracer, and testing radiotracers on a cell line that expressed the target receptor.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Involvement in any kind of research can demonstrate your academic potential.

I did translational research, imaging mouse models of cancer with an experimental radiotracer, and testing radiotracers on a cell line that expressed the target receptor.

What about research that might show interest in another specialty? i.e. ortho, plastics, derm, nsurg, etc. Or is rads specific research better?

What about research that might show interest in another specialty? i.e. ortho, plastics, derm, nsurg, etc. Or is rads specific research better?
It always advantageous to be able to show interest in the specialty, the program, and the academic or personal interests of the program director or interviewer of interest. These commonalities suggest that you know what you're getting yourself into, that you have good taste, that you are a "fit", and that you have the requisite experience to continue similar work in the future.

That said, it is common and expected that many strong candidates will initially have had interests in other specialties before they saw the light.

Reactions: 1 users