What keeps you going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INTPThinker

MCAT Goal:39
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When things get tough academically or otherwise?

I am out of school now. However, I suspended my premed classes because I had zero support at my university. The coursework was challenging and it seem like no one was willing to help me. I took some courses at another school and I had a completely different experience. I am trying to decide if I should even restart my premed journey or just leave it in the past.

Members don't see this ad.

Different schools have different vibes and not everyone is suited for every school out there. This being said, when I applied for undergraduate school, I looked for places that gave me the vibe that I wanted in addition to strong teaching and academic rigor. The University of Virginia exceeded my expectations (as did the College of William and Mary) and thus I chose to attend UVa. I have never regretted that decision.

What keeps me going? I love what I do and I keep myself going. I don't look outside myself for support. I guess that makes me independent. I run my own race and I don't expect anyone to understand what my life is like. I take each day at a time and give it 100%. I just don't know anything else. Life and learning is a total high!