What it Is!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2B in 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys whats up. Just wanted to stop by and say whats up to all yal. I'm going to be applying to medical school in for the 2010 cycle and just started my Kaplan course this past Wed. and am ready to get this process on and popping. I think I need to really start after my abyssmal score of 19 on my diagnostic and 60% on the science assessment.

Good Luck to yal and am glad to be apart of something so great.

Members don't see this ad.

HEY!!!

I'm appying for the 2010 cylcle as well. Only I'm pre-dental. I haven't taken the DAT yet, tho I will take a practice one this Saturday. I wish you luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys whats up. Just wanted to stop by and say whats up to all yal. I'm going to be applying to medical school in for the 2010 cycle and just started my Kaplan course this past Wed. and am ready to get this process on and popping. I think I need to really start after my abyssmal score of 19 on my diagnostic and 60% on the science assessment.

Good Luck to yal and am glad to be apart of something so great.

lol, don't worry, my Kaplan diagnostic was lower than yours and my final MCAT score was much much higher.

Remember, Kaplan wants to sell you test prep materials. It's in their interest for your diagnostic scores to be poor. Be sure to do some of the retired MCAT exams in addition to your Kaplan prep. Kaplan doesn't write the MCAT exam questions thus, you need to be sure that you have some experience with questions that are written by the same people who actually write that exam.

Remember, Kaplan wants to sell you test prep materials. It's in their interest for your diagnostic scores to be poor. Be sure to do some of the retired MCAT exams in addition to your Kaplan prep. Kaplan doesn't write the MCAT exam questions thus, you need to be sure that you have some experience with questions that are written by the same people who actually write that exam.

Agreed. If everyone did well on the practice exam, there would be no incentive for people to sign up for their course! So don't be overly discouraged by your diagnostic score. And definitely do old AAMC exams in addition to the Kaplan exams. (Since you are taking the class, I think you can get them for free through Kaplan. Otherwise, there's a free exam up on the AAMC site, and the other ones have a fee. $35-ish each maybe?)

yea man dont worry about it my diag for kaplan was 17 and i ended up with 35 so its definitely doable with hard work.

Wait...2010 cycle? does that mean you will be submitting your app in the summer of 2010? because if thats the case then i'm applying in the 2010 cycle too! GOSH this came so fast! :eek: lol but yeah...nice to meet you...maybe i should go get out my MCAT flashcards...:confused:

thanks for the support guys I appreciate it, real talk. I will be applying this summer, so I guess i made an error in my wording? 2010 matriculation student.

hey MD2B,

I'll be applying for matriculation in Fall 2010 as well. And yea I got a 17 on my Kaplan diagnostic so you are not alone. But hopefully, I can redeem myself like pakidoc:D

thanks for the support guys I appreciate it, real talk. I will be applying this summer, so I guess i made an error in my wording? 2010 matriculation student.

haha...sorry for the miscommunication :oops:

Good luck to all you applicants though!

yea man dont worry about it my diag for kaplan was 17 and i ended up with 35 so its definitely doable with hard work.

if you don't mind me asking what did you use? only kaplan or examkrackers too or something else entirely? what was the initial score in each section and the final scores??