What is your price?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BA-AR said:
It is not any thing against surgery. It is to point out how much respect insurance companies have for what we do; how many years of sacrifice and to what degree we are held accountable.

Anesthesiology – no pre-op work-up, simple case when things go well, and no post-op follow-up and headache. It sounds boring, but they make more money.

Radiology –sit and wait for films.

This thread has become comical. Touche for cherry picking some openings and starting salaries. Oh my gosh Gen Surg is the lowest salary! Who would've thought! :rolleyes:

Anyway your outrage is misplaced. Although we now have the answer to the name of this thread. What is your price? Well according to BA-AR its less than either Radiology or Interventional Cardiology.

Even though according to the AMA Interventional Cardiology is the highest paid specialty in the USA.

General Surgeons work hard. Soon enough Medicare will start cutting down on subspecialty reimbursements. It will even out eventually, but Gsurg won't increase thats for sure.

Kudos to BA-AR for keeping this discussion going. :thumbup:
(really I'm not being sarcastic here)

Members don't see this ad.

drpectin said:
This thread has become comical. Touche for cherry picking some openings and starting salaries. Oh my gosh Gen Surg is the lowest salary! Who would've thought! :rolleyes:

Anyway your outrage is misplaced. Although we now have the answer to the name of this thread. What is your price? Well according to BA-AR its less than either Radiology or Interventional Cardiology.

Even though according to the AMA Interventional Cardiology is the highest paid specialty in the USA.

General Surgeons work hard. Soon enough Medicare will start cutting down on subspecialty reimbursements. It will even out eventually, but Gsurg won't increase thats for sure.

Kudos to BA-AR for keeping this discussion going. :thumbup:
(really I'm not being sarcastic here)

I sense some hostility in your voice. (Really I'm not being sarcastic here) ;)

BA-AR said:
I sense some hostility in your voice. (Really I'm not being sarcastic here) ;)

No hostility. :)

This is a discussion forum. We are not having some kind of flame war.
I just feel differently on this issue. The "injustice" of this profession is not something I feel passionately about. From a macroscopic point of view.

The caveat being when physicians that I know well are sued for malpractice. Having their character smeared in a courtroom for the benefit of the plaintiff is something that few other professions endure.

So while your comments do ring true, I choose to focus on professional development rather that the fiscal and legal problems of the field. That may change when I starting looking for a position as an attending.