What is this the name of this scar and a couple of other questions for my dermatology friends lol...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenj777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Asking for medical advice is against the TOS.
  1. I got these scars on my forehead hurting myself as a little kid and first of all, I wanted to know what they are called. Is it called atrophic, hypotrophic, or indented scars? Or is there another name for these?
  2. I've heard that micro-needling procedures are the best treatment for getting rid of these scars. If this is true, do the micro-needling derma rollers you can get on Amazon work for these (posted a link of an example at the bottom)? Or do I have to do the professional micro-needling procedures?
  3. If those micro-needling derma rollers do work, does it matter which mm needle I get for those derma rollers? I saw 0.25, 0.5 and 1 mm needles.

Here's the link to the derma roller I found.

Amazon product

Thank you to whoever can give me a good answer to this because I'm tired of having this problem for so many years and just want to get rid of them lol.

IMG_7378.JPG

Members don't see this ad.

SDN is not for medical advice.

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Please proceed directly to your friendly neighborhood dermatologist.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.